One for the Klein Buffs ~ Rascal

gil_m

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Frame numbers...

Just on the verge of buying another Rascal, this would be my third and every one I have had seems to have a totally different frame number/layout

First one was pretty easy, bought new early '90's in Florida ~ RTT000792 ~ on BB Shell ~ Now sold

Second and Current ~ TG872 ~ on rear dropout ~ guessing the Top Gun Model before the forced re-name

Future purchase ~ LO1931945

Anybody got any info?

Just doesn't seem to tie in with anything else...

TG one I guess didn't really have a vintage I guess

RTT again seems to be pre-date related

LO19 doesn't really tie up either

All Rascals, horizontal dropouts and 1" steerers

The plot thickens :?

the TG is indeed a 1989 Top Gun

RTT000792 is a interim serial number style that they did not use long. between the ones on the drop outs and the ones on the bb shell containing letter, month, year and serial number
0792 might be July 1992.

LO1931945 L = Rascal. the O is a 0. 0193 = January 93. 1945 should be the frame number although it seems too high. maybe the 19 is indeed the size and frame # is 45.
this is also an interim serial number style they did not use long. soon they added the size in front of the letter.

gil_m":26rwnte2 said:

Hey Gil,
I have a TG listed on ebay.com right now and it's a 1990 model. If you really want to nail this PM Carsten over at MTBR he know this Klein serial number stuff better than anyone and may have it posted on the oldklein website.
Kevin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
gm1230126":tfri0vpv said:
gil_m":tfri0vpv said:

Hey Gil,
I have a TG listed on ebay.com right now and it's a 1990 model. If you really want to nail this PM Carsten over at MTBR he know this Klein serial number stuff better than anyone and may have it posted on the oldklein website.
Kevin

the info above in my post is from carsten. THE klein guru ;)
.... & merlin.... & mountain goat.... & .. u get the idea ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Kevin,

Thanks for that, it would be ideal if it was a Klein 20", think yours is just going to be too small

Back