Bankrupt bikes on Ebay

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, does anyone know anything about the Saracen frames hes selling at the moment? Looking at the 19" black one any ideas on the model?

I've got two of them. I ordered the one without the pierced top tube and received the one with the pierced top tube.

Unfortunatley it was also damaged in transit, ie bent dropout and a dent in the top tube.
I contacted the seller, (his name is John) and he was very apologetic about the mix up and sent out another frame to replace it and let me keep the damaged one.

main.php

main.php

main.php

I've straightened out the mech hanger and the dent in the top tube certainly doesn't make it unrideable, so I've effectively got two frames for £30 including delivery.

Anyway back to your original question about what they are.
The pierced top tube design looks very much like this Protrax:

main.php

And the none pierced top tube design looks like this Protrax:
main.php

I've no idea exactly what year they are but I'm reckoning early to mid-nineties, based on the canti noodle on the pierced top-tube design.
If anyone else can pin down the exact year that'd be great.

More details:
Pierced T-T design (like the yellow Tufftrax): Frame number: A707002155 Wieght: 2.6kgs
Non Pierced T-T design (like the Purple Tufftrax): Frame number: C06 1018 Wieght: 2.1kgs

If you're thinking of buying one then, despite my troubles, I'd recommend them for the price. They are in good, new condition, but you'd have to consider a respray or powdercoat though as the paint is pretty thin.
Might be worth contacting the guy to see where they all came from and whether he knows the history of them.

I got my Kili from him :shock:

I dealt with John, Top chap and I was able to haggle on postage ;)

I was thinking about one of those black ones too.

Mine is a 19'' and its a really good fit.

P1010052.jpg

M

I built this from one of their frames - really good quality:

Attachments

• ebay saracen frame.JPG
    ebay saracen frame.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,516
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ive had 2 frames from him, i used all my leftover bits for hack bikes for my mates. they were well pleased with them and for the prices you cant go wrong. you should mention if you want to use canti or v brakes as he has both :D

Back