atc measurements needed please..........

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
I need the atc measurement for a 2000 rockshox sid. i want to compare to a 1996 judy sl.

The frame i have in mind came with sids but i like the judys. Will it affect geometry too much to put them on it??

It depends what setting the SID is on at the moment. A 2000 SID on the 63mm setting is the same length as a Judy SL, 43.5cm. On the 80mm setting, it is 17mm longer, so then it gives a head angle of about 1 degree less.

Anthony":39oofb62 said:
It depends what setting the SID is on at the moment. A 2000 SID on the 63mm setting is the same length as a Judy SL, 43.5cm. On the 80mm setting, it is 17mm longer, so then it gives a head angle of about 1 degree less.

Though looking at my 1995 Judy manual as reference :LOL: Would the 80mm not run with a greater sag dialled in? So reducing that effective when riding head angle decrease?

Thanks guys. I guess I can run my sl on the frame withouht it making too much of a difference!

thanks

FluffyChicken":1k5qqzl5 said:
Anthony":1k5qqzl5 said:
Though looking at my 1995 Judy manual as reference :LOL: Would the 80mm not run with a greater sag dialled in? So reducing that effective when riding head angle decrease?
Yes, but so small that it would take a rider of your skill and sensitivity to notice it. I would be oblivious, as I am to most things.

Anthony":2x9bf4wa said:
FluffyChicken":2x9bf4wa said:
Anthony":2x9bf4wa said:
Yes, but so small that it would take a rider of your skill and sensitivity to notice it. I would be oblivious, as I am to most things.
:LOL: so the dialled in sag isn't that much then

Back