Bicycle Art resprayed Unishocks

A guy I used to work with had a pair of these on his GT Tequesta about 92/93. They were originally white with lime green writing on them IIRC.

I've got a set (all be it requiring major resto work) from my old Rocky Team Comp. Fairly basic forks with steel spring in mine (have a feeling yours might be elastomer), friction damping (so basically none then :D ) and a tendency for the lower legs to part company with the brace arch (mine were repaired with araldite and were fine for years of racing after that) – believe there was a major recall on them by scott in the early '90s so the only ones you tend to find are ones that were fitted as OEM and those that slipped through the recall.

Not quite as bad as legrandefromage would have us believe (though only just), I can see the Activator connection with the unicrown design.

Plus points
Light-weight (especially if you can find one of the LF carbon-legged ones)
Easy to service

Enjoy being unique in a RockShox world :D

i have a set of carbon ones, and i only know the carbon ones being the recall ones, but still look pretty cool

Nice find fella

The carbon ones came along in the second year if I remember correctly. And will most certainly be elastomer.

Originally they were white with fluro green text for mainstream purchase, and black with white text for OEM like mine.

I'd figured the recall was for all versions, but I might well have that wrong – it was a bonding issue though. Sometimes they failed at the dropout end, but usually it was at the point where the legs bonded into the brake arch – just keep an eye on it

Back