The 'Ebay and market watch' made my day thread

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This is not meant to be an antidote to the other thread, more a cheery, happy thread full of pictures and great stories to show how good-a thing ebay watch is, beyond just paying for this site. :D :D

Post up any pictures of parts and bike that you got, or got to complete solely because of ebay watch (and steer away from making this a debate thread as that is being done elsewhere), I'm sure we all have at least one thing?

Maybe even a possible 'special' BOTM theme, Mods?

My class find was my Bradbury Manitou that I got for the princely sum of £150. Had been flagged up by a couple of members (thank you) but no one wanted to take on the challenge!

Started off like this:

y6anvg.jpg

ended up like this:

yvfu25.jpg

I'll also add to that that I scored most of a campag groupset thanks to 'Shop Watch' :D

good idea for a thread...you know how people like to brag about there ebay deals when they can get them...I have a few to add.

no pic at the mo but when i got my aluminium O frame off scant i thought what fork should i put in it, then after i did the original build with what i had lying around someone then posted a link to the exact matching fork!!! :D :D i was chuffed as nuts! :D :D then i was even more chuffed when i won the item for £16! :D :D

both being painted at bob jackson now, with a more original-ish build when it returns. :D

thank you to whoever posted that link! :D

was thinking of a thread like this myself, ebay is a love hate thing with me not that i buy off there alot though, i prefer buying new from shops or on here, i think there is less chance of stitch ups etc.

I bought a DB Apex for six quid, someone on here posted a link to it a while back

Got the seized seatpost out in no time,eventually handed it on to a student who had his bike nicked

bike_005_648.jpg

Thanks to 'ebay and marketplace watch' I found and bought this for £362, which started a great project, which led to me meeting one of my favourite pro's from BITD, to seeing him ride it again in his old colours and to me having a great bike in my collection.

Thank you 'ebay and marketplace watch'.

sinnett177":1kto2rhh said:
bike_005_648.jpg

Thank you 'ebay and marketplace watch'.

This bike was half the reason I started this thread! Beautiful in everyway and a superb story to boot. Ebay watch gold!

I bought this for £17

Ap011.jpg

Was in a real sorry state when i picked it up, Now its just in a sorry state :LOL:

But I think the best thing i got from the watch was these

DSC00280.jpg

Just got to find a bike good enough for them now !

For once I'd been busy in work all day, got home, had a quick look online.. holy sh,t!
I could tell right away it was 1 of the rarer merlin built raleigh tomacs by the dropouts. I already had a litespeed build raleigh tomac replica under way, but I couldnt pass it up the chance of an original!.
As I found out later I was pretty late to the party; as unbeknown to me at the time other VRC members were already in negotiations, but as 1 of 6 of Tomacs personal bikes I couldnt pass it up, rang the guy up, sorted the deal with massive help & thanks to wes & jeff at firstflightbike, chrs again guys :D
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... +litespeed

I've been relishing the build, tweaking & polishing to the Nth degree.
This is how it looked when I picked it up:
6May091.jpg

I really need to take some new pics as its evolved a lot, but this is still the most updated pic I have:
6May241-1.jpg

& this is what I'm working towards:
tomacgreendecal2.jpg

tomacgreendecals.jpg

so, yup, thanks to auction watch I picked up my unicorn, my holy grail :D

Back