Hello & GT RTS 2 Question

stu76

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello! My first post so please forgive me if i'm in the wrong place etc.

I have a Gt Oupost trail (1994 ish) which is still serving me well as my commuter/hack bike even though it wasn't a high spec bike even when I bought it. I've done a few upgrades over the years but it's still fully rigid (I've kept all the original parts).

I love the GT's - for the styling and handling - I still think that they are the best looking mountain bikes out there (even the ones from the 90's!).

Anyway - I was looking for an original GT saddle to make the bike more in keeping with its age (I replaced it a few years back) and happened across and ad for a GT RTS2. As this was my dream bike back in the day I jumped at it. My intention being to get it back up to scratch and hit the trails with it.

I collected the bike this morning and realised that it wasn't quite as well looked after as I hoped, and most of the original parts have been swapped or removed. I've cleaned it up and tidied various looses cable etc and thought I'd post some pics to see what people thought of it.

I'd also like to ask for some more info on the bike as I'm not certain of its age etc. Serial number is H2K002263.

Cheers. Stu

3193660519_f403243718.jpg

hi and welcome fellow GT lover, by the look of it is late 1992-1993, as it has the chromo rear triangle, i do have a GT seat if you're interested, bit later than the RTS, but would look quite good, pm me if you're interested

Burn them burn them alll!!!! (witches and GT fans)

Only kidding (just burn the GT fans)

Welcome to the site, I am sure pickle will pick up the smell of a fresh GT and be able to assist you in no time.

that is a RTS 2 from 1992/1993 , when there was only RTS 1 and 2 .

front forks should be RS quadra , and groupset , black LX .

hope it helps .

cchris2lou":355vqeyv said:
that is a RTS 2 from 1992/1993 , when there was only RTS 1 and 2 .

front forks should be RS quadra , and groupset , black LX .

hope it helps .

Correct, i have some LX 1993 period stuff also if interested

Thanks for all your replies! I wasn't expecting a response so soon - sign of a good forum!

I'll bear the offers of parts in mind.

Thanks again.

GT RTS

Hi, I have one of these frames siting in the shed, alongside a shiny Team RTS - a mixture of retro and new parts. The RTS2 did indeed have an LX groupset (black), and silver rockshox quadras. If you are interested, I've got an original rear wheel for the RTS2 - mavic rim (231 I think), stainless spokes, LX hub. It also has a top of the line XT 7 speed casette that was barely used as I injured my knees, but did not want to part with the frame/wheels. The wheel is in top condition.

Regards

Ian

PS - anyone know if/where you can get the alu rear triangle for an RTS frame from? Am trying to stockpile in case mine breaks.

Back