Pace front hub

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a close-up picture of a Pace front hub - the black alloy one, not the carbon one.

I have one, but don't have the spacers that get clamped between the hub body and the fork dropouts

Cheers

Woody

I have just replied to your PM, then remembered I have some old photos on photobucket from when I collected the pace.

P1000521.jpg

P1000522.jpg

P1000520.jpg

P1000519.jpg

The images of the rear wheel show the lack of a drive side spacer...any one who can assist me with the dimensions for the part would be a hero!

I have a rear we can clone, just need a machinist...

I sense a pm to elite504

Cheers both :)

Now here comes the weird part...

I think they are my wheels!

The only reason I say this is because the RC100 that a traded for a Klein Manta with Leisure Lakes in Preston had that wheelset

The reason I know this is because I changed the decals on the hubs from the original serif style font to the later block font, this must have been 14+ years ago

Don't worry you don't have stolen goods but I would be very interested where those wheels came from?

Small world if they are. They were bought alongside my RC100 via an ebay auction. I collected them from chester (along with the RC100..20" model) The chap I bought them from was a fairly aged fireman just about to retire.

The wheels are currently in Oxford and im in leeds, however i seem to remember the wheels were built into their current state by a local shop...based on the sticker on the rim. of course that could be a later build so doesnt really help.

The Pace also came witha second wheel set consisting of an old Hope screw on rear and more modern pace carbon front. So its possible to assume the pace wheelset may have been a later aquisition to the collection.

The plot thickens..

It was a 20" frame and it had Chromed Bullseye cranks and 1 piece stem/steerer

As you say they could have been later hubs but I have only seen them with the Original serif style text

Let me know if you find the desire to pass these on ;)

Kestonian said:
Does anyone have a close-up picture of a Pace front hub - the black alloy one, not the carbon one.

The 'black alloy' was actually a plastic :!:

slightly later models have a grease port, and anodised flanges

Thanks all.

Jez, do you have any pics, too? Any dimensions of the bits I need?

Must take a pic of these wheels when it's light, they look amazing

JeRkY":2esajggj said:
The images of the rear wheel show the lack of a drive side spacer...any one who can assist me with the dimensions for the part would be a hero!

Jerky, I have another rear hub, with just one spacer. Seeing as I won't be using this hub, do you want the spacer to make your set usable?

Woody

Back