Withdrawn Pace / Hope rear hub 32h

RobbieA

Retro Guru
Does a Pace rear hub exist? Would it take an 8 speed block? Is it like unicorn poop? I'm looking for a rear hub to complement my Pace RC50 hub - the skinny one, not the chunky suspension one - so I'm thinking a silver/silver Hope or black/silver

Yep a Pace rear hub exists. Strangely a gold'ish colour so they don't match the fronts. They are screw on so for a freewheel rather than a cassette. Not crazy rare but don't come up all that often.

Yep a Pace rear hub exists. Strangely a gold'ish colour so they don't match the fronts. They are screw on so for a freewheel rather than a cassette. Not crazy rare but don't come up all that often.
Cheers @gtturbo good to know - looks like it's a Hope option then, if anyone has one

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They did also come in silver. Also fronts with the gold-ish colour flanges.

I ran my RC50 hubs with 6spd screw on sachs malliard freewheels - not sure if even 7spd was possible in that style?

7 speed will be fine on a Pace hub. 8 speed you may need to mess about with spacing. I'm away at the moment otherwise I could have checked for you.

BTW there is a pair of the Pace hubs on ebay, at least there was yesterday.

7 speed will be fine on a Pace hub. 8 speed you may need to mess about with spacing. I'm away at the moment otherwise I could have checked for you.

BTW there is a pair of the Pace hubs on ebay, at least there was yesterday.
I think the discussion here prompted @dnbmatt28 to list his set - they look amazing - I'm now moving away from the idea of a matching set, as I'm not sure I want to mess around with spacing etc. so maybe a pair of Hope in silver would be ideal, or any other make that people have!

Back