anyone use bullmoose bars?

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone here use bullmoose bars? I've been considering getting set of Nitto ones, and I'd like to hear from other users if they're good, cool, or suck etc.? Also, please show photos of your bikes with bullmoose bars installed :D

For those who don't know, this is what they look like:

bullmoose_s_3.jpg

Yes, Nitto sell some nice Cr Mo bullmoose bars. With a choice of two colours.

When you say you love them, is it the appearance or how they feel when riding?

Re:

I have a couple of Bullmoose bars both by Nitto

I was on the lookout for some to complete a build a couple of years back and eventually found a set on ebay ( USA ) which I won

Typically, within a few weeks another set came up on ebay ( UK ) ! I liked the first set so much that I decided to buy the second set
for another project

The USA set are near mint, have not been cut down, and don't have brake hangers. The UK set have been cut down and show traces of
a brake hanger ie a weld that has been carefully ground/polished away. More interestingly the UK set were originally fitted to a Chas Roberts frame owned by a member of the MBUK 'Wrecking Crew' , as such these bars are extremely well traveled having been to India, Katmandu,
Nepal etc etc ( I have a letter to confirm their history )

To my mind the whole point of these bars is that you can elegantly combine two components into one rigid assembly albeit with some limitations regarding the available geometry ie reach/sweep etc

I will try to get some photos posted this weekend

I also lurve the moose, 4 riders with them fitted as original & another waiting to be built. Also have another rider with Mega rare FFB Goathorns theres no mention of these on the web other than on FFB, they are 1 1/8 Ahead version of the moose.

Back