CAN ANYONE I.D. THIS FRAME ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
bought this bike off ebay. a retrobike member mynchiboy picked it up for me.
it was advertised as an alpine stars but has different drop outs.
does anyone have a clue as to what it might be.
many thanks.
jeff.

Attachments

• ASTAR.JPG
    ASTAR.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 1,354
  • ASTAR1.JPG
    ASTAR1.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 1,354
Well tbh it does look like an Alpine Stars but maybe it was another companies attempt at copying Alpine stars ..

Muddy paw":zqm02tgb said:
Well tbh it does look like an Alpine Stars but maybe it was another companies attempt at copying Alpine stars ..

Nobody was copying anyone as there were others before Alpine Stars building frames like this.

Heres a Trimble as an example:

TrimbleGSide.JPG

Alpine Stars had the T26 / T24 (24" wheels)

scan0017.jpg

There was a British Eagle EXS but that was pig iron and very low end components.

Ammoco possibly had these generic aluminium builds (neither would have been 'cheapies'):

file.php

file.php

legrandefromage":azm7xiey said:
Muddy paw":azm7xiey said:

Nobody was copying anyone as there were others before Alpine Stars building frames like this.

Heres a Trimble as an example:

TrimbleGSide.JPG

Alpine Stars had the T26 / T24 (24" wheels)

scan0017.jpg

Yes i know Alpine Stars had the T26/24 and i new the number's represented the wheel sizing and as for my comment regards copying i thought Alpine Stars was the 1st with this design as the Trimble was the only other similar design that i was aware of and i believed that was after the Alpine which obviously goes to show how much i actually know :roll: ..

Re:

I do love guessing frames, I'm usually pretty good but this one had me stumped....

Having had the bike in my grubby hands and from casting my eye over the above I can confirm the red one posted by LGF is bang on :D

Yep! the British Eagle has the correct rear drop out's but which trim level is yours suppose to be ? ..

Looks like someone has simply stripped the paint off the red Eagle LGF mentioned. I suspect who ever stripped it didn't finish it and possibly sold the frame on and the next owner built it up not knowing what it was?

Video, you've had enough bikes to know, does it feel like a bare steel frame that has simply been stripped or does it look like someone has resprayed it in a titanium type colour?

Back