My old frames from bitd

Wildturkey

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi all

Just joined as I plan to build an early 90s mtb to ride

Dug out two of my old frames but might treat myself to something less battered

Tried to add pics but didn't work. Do they need resized?

2016-07-20%2017.23.06_zpsznaht797.jpg

20160730_174616_zpshermc3yi.jpg

1993 Lava Dome and Kilauea

Re:

Oh yeah, that's what its all about! Don't repaint them, I ask you.

Them frames stink of 'used', loved' and served their time we'll. I do love a bike with period stickers and product decals. The kind of history you can't fake.

Nice.

The 'wanted brain cell to make up the pair' sticker makes me laugh - I still have some of those (from one of the Motorbike mags I think?) on my water bottles! :D

Re:

Thanks guys. Where in my parents attic for a lot of years. Good memories on those bikes. The wanted brain cell sticker was indeed a motorcycle magazing freebie

I'm looking for a kona explosif of the same year. failing that I'll perhaps build the kilauea bit will need to buy most of the parts as bars and pedals about the only things re useable

Just nip to the for sale forum on here. You may find that lots and lots of dream parts have suddenly become affordable... hence my Zaskar got a pace fork upgrade a few years back... :D Konas look nice though. If you're just planning on upgrading one you might even be able to trade your other frame off against parts (assuming you wanted to - personally I couldn't part with my old frames!)

Re:

Hi

Yes I've a wanted add already up ☺

I couldn't part with my old frames though

One part I wanted back then was a Tioga disc drive and I liked pace rc36 forks. I was always found of zaskar too and of course the ti xizang and kona hei hei

Looking forward to building. I know it sometimes takes time as I've a few 80s bmx bikes restored

Re:

Hello and welcome - I've dropped you a PM as I have most of the parts from that year's Kilauea sat here spare; I sold a frame to a chap on here (MyTeenageSelf). Happy to do a super package deal (and happen to have some spare RC36 too).

Back