new idea for your bare inner cable

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
dont know if this has been done before so here goes!! i am currently finishing off my sbike refurb and needed something to cover the bare outer cables that run down the length of the main tube.not just to protect the cables but also to stop the nice new paint from cable rub.so scratching my head i came up with the idea of using a fishing product.
there is a type of elastic they use in roach poles where one is a solid low diameter length and the other type is hollow,this is the one to try. now this comes in a variety of all different bright colours.also comes in different strengths and diameters. im gonna give it a go this weekend when im fitting new cables should be easy just cut to length,a little bit of light oil on the new cable and insert through the rubber tubing. what could be simpler

I used some flexible hose from the modellers shop on mine.

It's stretch and is used for fuel lines.

Perfect for gear cables

letmetalktomark, youve already done it so you get the jist of what im going to be trying.you will also know its not the weekend yet,unlike longun for the pictures he wants

You could probably use heatshrink too - I've used it to turn white brake and gear outers brown with very good results.

excellent idea with the heat shrink. i was going to buy new gold outers tomorrow but now im going to go with your idea to see differences in price first

Back