bike lights

jgjones095

Old School Hero
ok so I'm after set of lights for the late night rides, mostly roads and some lanes.

years (years) ago I used to have twin smart halogen lights. however after years of being in the shed the battery is dead.
I'm guessing leds are all the rage

just wondering what people recommend.

I'm not looking at spending ££ and have seen some solarstorm lights on eBay for £15.

item no 262101267942

just wondering if anyone has used these?

I ordered/got some Cree 3800 lumen lights, each with re-chargable battery pack from China for 15 GBP's shipped ... marvelous deal - brighter hades!

I had the smart twi halogens which were a huge jump from every reaxy lamps but pretty poor to led lamps.

A 3 led cheap chines led lamp is far better in terms of brightness and similar battery time.
You can get 4, 5 or more leds but i find there is not nuch more brightness but shorter running time.

Really dont see the point spending more. People say they are unreliable because theyre cheap but been using them through several winters without any problems.

I iz like well impressed by these bad boyz

And in english - these are not bad for the money and the size and the convenience and the lack of wires sticking out everywhere and two on the bars are bright enough and the shipping is reasonably quick and they charge from a normal phone charger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381461903594? ... EBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't recommend those with USB recharging. They look like a great idea but all my friends that have one seem to complain of extremely short battery life.

If it's only for occasional use, I recommend something like this:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graph ... 9395dt.jpg

I've seen them with very different branding, so I guess some Chinese factory makes them and many brands just stamp their name on it. They can be had for 20 EUR for both front and rear, the front can be detached and used as hand torch at home or in a camping trip, and they use standard AAA and AA batteries, so easy to find rechargeable options.

If the plan is to use it for long periods and in the city, I prefer dynamo lights. In any German or Dutch website you can get the whole system for about 40 EUR (15 EUR for an AXA dynamo, 10 EUR rear light B&M, 15 EUR AXA Pico front light), which is a fix and forget thing.

Try Torchy the battery boy. The lights I've bought from him (and different version of his bought by pals) have been very good. I would (personally) avoid the cheapest stuff on eBay. The chargers are often completely unsafe and the batteries use secondhand cells reclaimed from old laptops. This can give the pitiful battery life that Titiritero mentions.
http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/
there is a link to his ebay shop.

Back