Seatpost fairy

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
COME ON ! , who's the 26.6 seatpost fairy :?

I've searched high and low for this size seatpost in good quality for a few weeks now and apart from a couple of NOS Kingsbury ones from the states , their is not'in ...

Any leads folks please where I might get at least one out of the three I need,,

Oh! .. and while I'm at it , I'm sure there is a 1" quill fairy family that has also taken all the 120mm-130mm black stems :facepalm:

Help!

Gradually loosing the plot..

Ian

fearfactoryüberalles":2ovt016i said:
Hi mate,
Is the big "S" 's favourite offering cool enough for you or your build ;) ?

http://boulderbicycle.bike/bike-builder ... bikes.html

:D
Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew,, I've just negotiated a sale of an nos Xt one the same as your link with a Uk Rb member tonight for my Koga :) , so one down..

but I need another two 26.6mm seatposts.

Ideally I was looking for a lighter weight post than the Xt for my Serotta built Jamis,
I've been tempted to buy the Kingsbury ones from the states, but the shipping and import makes them stupidly expensive,

However I need to do some new searching now as Ive managed to pry a control tec quill stem off another Rb member, so ideally would like a 26.6 control tech post in black , but need to see if they made them in this dia.

This will leave one seatpost left to track down and tick off , and it would be amazing if it was a Suntour XC pro unit , as the bike it's going on is nearly all xc pro , but after ebay trawling etc, and a little research it appears 26.8 was the smallest dia they made in the Xc Pro , so I'm a bit stuck on what to get ? , don't really want to mix and match Suntour and Shimano.

Currently the build has a Syncros stem on, (just to hold position of brakes and grios) but its too bulky and chunky looking for the bike so will need to address this.

fearfactoryüberalles":2ovt016i said:
I found that stem - taken straightaway from the evilest stem-taker fairy's hand :twisted: - on evilbay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Odyssey-Vapor-1 ... SwwPhWlXP6

:roll: :LOL:

Andrew , again cheers, and I had spotted that last week and it was only a week or so ago some of these were sold on this forum, had I been doing a nut and bolt perfect rebuild of my Koga it would have been perfect, as it was an original component used bitd , but I decided to run Syncros with the Koga due to the connection between the two companies.

Thanks Andrew ;)

Ian

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mr Universe":1lhqra9r said:

I've searched high and low for this size seatpost in good quality for a few weeks now and apart from a couple of NOS Kingsbury ones from the states , their is not'in ...

Oh! .. and while I'm at it , I'm sure there is a 1" quill fairy family that has also taken all the 120mm-130mm black stems :facepalm:

Help!

Ian

Who is the 26.2 seatpost fairy as well?!?

Nothing nice to be had in this exclusive size..

However, I just picked up a lovely 1" ControlTech stem in black (120mm) from USA eBay so they are out there - mainly in the States though.. The Pros Closet on here had a Salsa 1" stem 120mm which I just missed out on too via eBay :|

Re:

Thanks Dossa

Dossa":1rnjgf8s said:
Mr Universe":1rnjgf8s said:

Help!

Ian

Who is the 26.2 seatpost fairy as well?!?

Nothing nice to be had in this exclusive size..

However, I just picked up a lovely 1" ControlTech stem in black (120mm) from USA eBay so they are out there - mainly in the States though.. The Pros Closet on here had a Salsa 1" stem 120mm which I just missed out on too via eBay :|

:LOL: seems unless it's 27.2 were screwed :LOL: , don't start me off on 26.2's :facepalm: I have two other frames that I'll start working on later in the year , and I'm sure one is 26.2 and one is 26.4 :facepalm: looks like I need to reset my eBay watcher as we're all after the same things.

I did see the salsa on pros closet , but again if it's the one I remember it was expensive to start given condition , then their was the dreaded , more than item expensive shipping, then to finish it off, as if we had not paid enough, was the men in white/grey coats waiting to bang their bit in for er, majesty pleasure's :facepalm:

I've got a spare 27.0 ringle post if you wanna fancy chopping it around a bit to fit.. Might be cheaper lol..

You're welcome Ian!

I suppose 26.6 mm Suntour XC seatpost must have been made back in the ol' days, but super rare they are unfortunately.

If you know an accurate machinist with steady hands then I'd reccomend to make the wanted 26.6 mm diameter s.post out of an 26.8 or 27.0 mm diameter Suntour seatpost.

They're not that thin-walled, so if the machining is made properly and the seatpost wasn't too used before otherwise, I doubt there would be any problems with it. We are talking about 0.1 mm-s here, not mms or inches anyway.

Those old Suntour post are quite well made, out of good quality alloy, built to last and were no featherweights either :cool: .

Finding one can be problematic, but I'm sure on this webpage or elsewhere you'll find one eventually.

I bought mine from this obscure guy, via an old friend of mine, who's based in Switzerland, as it seems the seller guy won't send his stuff abroad:

http://www.brocky.ch/Velo_Ersatzteile_E ... is_27.1_mm

Several sizes of Suntour posts (and lots of other retro tat :facepalm: ) are advertised here, prices are in CHF, if a Swiss retrobiker helps you with postage, then it's worth a try ;).

Cheers,
Andrew

I have a new 26.4 and a pretty good looking 26.8, I could turn the 26.8 down to 26.6.
I used a 27.0 turned down to to 26.4 for years, I bought the new 26.4 to replace it and
never got round to fitting it.

I have spent most of the week searching for a petrol pipe from a bike, I know I will find it as soon as I buy/make another.

integerspin":y65umf64 said:
I have a new 26.4 and a pretty good looking 26.8, I could turn the 26.8 down to 26.6.
I used a 27.0 turned down to to 26.4 for years, I bought the new 26.4 to replace it and
never got round to fitting it.

I have spent most of the week searching for a petrol pipe from a bike, I know I will find it as soon as I buy/make another.

What is the 26.8 you've got?

Back