Tinker's original Adroit located and sold

timkrik

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Tinker's original Adroit located and sold.

Looks like the 'auction' was conducted on the following Facebook page (link below) two days ago. Auction started at 6:22am PDT and based on a comment finished sometime prior to 10:35pm: "The bike was sold in 6500 dls to a collector in charge of a museum of MTB in Colorado."

Sounds like someone got a bargain. I would expect a bike with that much history to sell for more than that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4373845 ... nref=story

Looks the same as from this retro photo

Attachments

• Tinker.png
    Tinker.png
    173 KB · Views: 1,291
  • retro tinker.png
    retro tinker.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,181
Wow! Isn't this the one that Martin was recently looking for? I hope that it's headed his way, because if this is indeed the one I'm one about, he's been looking for ages.

I've just read the thread in FB. It seems that Nick has bought it (The Pro's Closet).

No doubt it will find a good home there :)

My understanding is that the bike came directly from Tinker's basement. EDIT: apparently my understanding is incorrect. Per the FB page, it didn't come from Tinker directly

...and the stickers appear to be in the exact locations as they were in the retro photo I'm about to add to the OP.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":25s76vwv said:
Wow. Let's hope a lot of due diligence has been applied to verify it's authenticity.

It's definitely the real deal. From threading the full thread and subsequent shares - most notable of which by Tinker himself - it seems this was given by Tinker to a cousin/close relative who needed to raise funds so his friend was tasked with advertising it. News of which obviously reached TPC and it seems the deal was done.

And if it's not the real deal - because it damn sure looks like and let's face it, anyone attempting a "forgery" would surely dress up a bike in any other way than this bike's present state! - then I'll eat my hat. And anyone else's for that matter.

No doubt we'll be seeing and reading of it once it lands at TPC. And it seems the search is still on for the 'other one'... :evil:

Not saying it's the real deal, or even the same bike, but the pictures are different
-dif seatpole
-powerbar sticker missing on TT
-fork lowers
-1 has black grips and gripshift, the other has clear grips and sti shifters.
-cages

Of course bikes change through their lives, but you can't take those 2 pictures to verify anything.

Re:

Very awesome that's 100% his bike for sure..bet it's not really been used after his finished racing it..looks like it :LOL:

Look at the 2 pictures properly you will notice the colours are different. Colour is darker near seat tube on newer pic than retro pic, colours fade don't they? Qr for seat is different, there's more differences which I'm sure will be noticed once people stop dribbling over the bike in question.

Back