I might be doing something dumb on ebay but..

BlackCat

BoTM Winner
Fat Chance Fan
.. have they removed the type of bike filters from the Bike Components and Parts search string?

Haven't been trawling for parts in months but now there appears to be no option to filter by MTB, which makes turning up bits much more painful..

..Or I could be being a moron..

It's there for specific parts types (Chainsets, Forks, Frames etc) but not on a search for all parts.

They altered the system a short while back on ebay so yes they have kindly streamlined the search system for all to enjoy :facepalm: ...

Re:

They also seem to have messed about with other things, like the drop down box for 'ending soonest' etc...

But so far this seems to be experimental, 'cos one day it will be different and another day it will be the same as it always was.... :roll:

Re:

I was never a fan of those filters as you get 147 items in mountain bike, 156 items in road bike and 2557 items in undefined.

It'd be no fun if it was too easy, with less filters its like a good rummage in a parts bin. Sometimes you find a gem which cheers you. If you dont find something your bank balance does not suffer which cheers me at least :D

It all relies on the seller anyway... If you've ever noticed the amount of non-bike products in there because Ebay auto-chooses the category & the (usually) Chinese seller doesn't notice..
There's quite often batches of shelf (bottom) brackets, LED (cycle) lamps, and that sort of thing show up.. So it does make sense to narrow down by part type first.

Then there's the new/confused sellers who think all retro MTB's must be 'Hybrids' (because, no suspension, duh..) or kidz listing old forks as XC forks because they have less than 8" travel.. so a lot of the filters and even the search options aren't much good often. (and that's without spelling mistakes! How many permutations of M.a.r.z.o.c.c.h.i. B.o.m.b.e.r.s there are I don't know!:p )
Not that here's much better sometimes with things listed as 'Spesh M4' or 'Stumpy' or 'RS forks'; again makes things difficult to search for, so narrows down the potential number of buyers.

Latest posts

Back