Re:

Context and perspective matter.

Is a frame/bike machine manufactured in Asia under the current Brodie corporate logo, a 'Brodie'? What do you define as a 'Brodie'?

What might Paul's take on it be?

Re: Re:

In my eyes if it's been built by Paul then it's a Brodie but I guess if it was built post sell out it would officially depend on what agreement Paul has in place with Brodie Bikes. The tourer Paul built that was shown at NAHBS this year still has Brodie decals

Attachments

• brodie-bikes-nahbs-tourer-1.jpg
    brodie-bikes-nahbs-tourer-1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 716
Re:

If I went to Paul direct and asked him to build me a frame then to me it would be a Brodie. Whether or not he would be allowed to apply Brodie decals wouldn't make a difference in my eyes.

Re: calling on Brodie fans

He must have an agreement in place with Brodie Bikes for anything he builds. They own everything. Name, logo, fonts, you name it, so it would be the only way he can build bikes with the familiar slanted logo. He posts articles on Brodie Bikes' blog on their site all the time, so it would lend credence to something being in place, in writing or verbal.

Re: calling on Brodie fans

Technically it would be a custom bike built by Paul Brodie and/or Flashback Fab. The OG company was Brodie Research and Technology, and it no longer exists. For him to use the name and same logos as he does, however, there would have to be a deal in place.

Back