Am I the only one who....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
....builds a whole bike around a chainset/stem/handle bar....?

Just looking at buying a gun metal grey crank set. Already have a silver chainset with black graphics on the Giant, a black Race Face with white graphics on the karma Kona, now thinking is gun metal grey going to go with green and Rasta colouring on the Explosif...?

And if not, do I change around what I have to accommodate the gun metal grey? And there's the stem/bar combo I have already, and have in mind for the Explosif.....and then there's black. Or gold. Or something else I could buy but might not have actually seen yet.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Cue another sleepless night....

What he said: you\re completely normal. Well for a given value of Normal in as far as the likes of your average retrobiker go.
There are probably folks out there who've built up a bike around a pair of Farmer John's Cousins, carefully deciding which Bottle cage would work with them and then going on to plan the cables. Oh and a frame somewhere. :LOL: :LOL:

there's boobs men, ass men, calves/legs men ... and of course, gay men ...

Doesn't matter what parts of a bike tickle your interest ... as long as the journey gives you joy ...

Time to worry when you base your build on the colour of of your anodised dust caps :)

Re:

Thanks chaps, I feel so much better now.... :LOL:

Day off, not had one for months, so out into the workshop for some colour coordination techniques....

Re:

Yep, I had to base the entire scheme of a bike, all colour matched to a particular pair of anodised Leyzne Femto lights :facepalm:
Of course, it then follows that the cycling wardrobe must 'harmonise' with the scheme too... :roll:

yup, built my first retrobike (sunn something or other) around USE bar ends and xt brake levers. still have them somewhere

Back