Tange Frameset Decal Orders - be Quick!

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi Folks,

Kona Q here.

The above was use on some of the earlier Kilaueas.

Does anyone have a pic of the decal (blue)- I foolishly purchased a black one!

What was the difference between Prestige & Prestige Concept?

Cheers folks.

M

prestige concept: shorter buts, thinner walls, and I think triple butted downtube if I remember rightly?
Anyone have the tube cat from BITD?

I don't have one, but is there anyone who sells these decals? I want one for my Kilauea!

Doesn't the "concept" bit also refer to the fact that these tubesets were directionally ovalised - like on the Kilauea for example?

Anyway - I've got one of those blue stickers on my Kilauea which I'd be happy to photograph for you. With a little Photoshop work to correct the curvature it could, I'm sure, be used as the basis for some new Gil_M decals.

The bad news is that it's in Greece, I won't be there for another two weeks and while I'm there (another seven weeks) I'll have no computer or internet (it is rural Greece!). But, if you're stuck I'm more than happy to do this :) .

If anybody wants to do this I'd be up for buying one at the same time.

I have a photo taken from my mates 94 Kilauea, but it's not a good one:

No good for Gil I'm afraid, but the Concept specs are below. I'm sorry I don't know how to import a 280kb pdf into a thread, so this is a cropped image of a scan of a hard copy.

Concept was used on the Kilauea from 1993 to 1995 and some Concept tubes were used on the Explosif before that. The two most notable features are firstly that it is tapered and ovalised - i.e., 30 deep and 27 wide tapering out to 34 deep and 30 wide at the front, and secondly that the top and down tubes are the same strength, whereas mostly the down tube is a size bigger than the top tube. Also the seat tube is heavily bulge butted to add stiffness above the bottom bracket.

Attachments

• Tange Prestige Concept.jpg
    Tange Prestige Concept.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,406
Count me in for one of these decals too as I need one for my 1993 Explosif. I've only ever been able to find the black ones for sale!

Latest posts

Back