94 Cinder Cone steerer length

chilos

Retro Newbie
Hi, this is my first post here, but can anybody help with the steerer length for a set of P2s on a 1994 Kona Cinder Cone? I bought the frame and forks off ebay about five years ago and swapped over the P2s for a set of Y2K Judy Races. Now I want to put the P2s back, but at 123mm the steerer seems a bit short. I can only manage a couple of threads on the headset top nut, which isn't enough to keep them done up. They are definitely the right forks for a '94 Cindy, but I've got another set of P2s that came off a 14" 95 Hahanna, which also have a 123mm steerer, so I'm wondering if they might have been swapped over from a 14" frame some time.
Ta for any help.

What size frame do you have and what is the head tube length? If you have fitted a much taller headset, that would explain everything.

I have a 16" 96 Cindercone with triple butted P2s, I can measure the steerer later in the week. PLUS I needed P2s for a 14" Hot, bought the 16" as a donor but ... was concerned that the steerer might be too long...
Are yours triple butted, because depending on relative condition, perhaps a swap?
At the least we can compare notes!

Back