Zaskar brake mounts

dw_uk2000

Retro Guru
Hey Guys.

Picked up a '91 Zaskar frame a while back and have just started cleaning it up and putting it together with the parts I've assembled.

I'm struggling with the rear brake mounts, I have tried two U-brakes (as it has what looks like a u-brake cable holder) and a set of DX cantilever brakes but none of them fit.

The mounts look longer than the '91 Avalanche that one of the u-brakes came off and too fat for the canti's.

Any ideas what to use?

Zaskar mounts

Avalanche mounts

edit- info removed

I would say that you will need to match the mounts to whatever U brake you have.

On an unrelated subject - I see you're from farnborough, and have a white Avalanche. Would it be the one that was on ebay until this morning ?? I sent you a message about it if you are the same guy.

paddy311":2nbs1n40 said:
I would say that you will need to match the mounts to whatever U brake you have.

On an unrelated subject - I see you're from farnborough, and have a white Avalanche. Would it be the one that was on ebay until this morning ?? I sent you a message about it if you are the same guy.

Have a XT U-Brake and the one from the Avalanche, might be a stupid question but can you remove the mounts?

Yes, they were on eBay and posted an ad on here, but have no time to post and made that clear on the auction but got a load of questions on if I could post. Have a mate that is kindly storing my bikes and projects while I move so will probably put them up for sale again once in the new house (thinking about repainting the forks from the avalanche and using them on the Zaskar now though).

dw_uk2000":2fee7aix said:
paddy311":2fee7aix said:

Have a XT U-Brake and the one from the Avalanche, might be a stupid question but can you remove the mounts?

Yes, they were on eBay and posted an ad on here, but have no time to post and made that clear on the auction but got a load of questions on if I could post. Have a mate that is kindly storing my bikes and projects while I move so will probably put them up for sale again once in the new house (thinking about repainting the forks from the avalanche and using them on the Zaskar now though).

Sorry for wasting your valuable time trying to convince you to post stuff, in that case.

Best of luck finding the info and parts to get your U brake setup sorted ;)

Back