Mountain cycle moho rebuild direction

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
I have just bought this off the classifieds here on retro bike, however I can't decide whether to go roughly period correct or mix and match with modern too. As it stands the front and rear mechs are the only things that I want to keep as well as the frame. The shifters will need replaced, the forks are fine but I would like some manitou sx, new cassette and chain and if i am doing that then i ll think about the chainset too, I ll need some lighter wheels than the D521s and I want to replace the DX brakes with XTR Vs. I don't think I have any of the parts spare. But I do have an almost new 10 speed transmission, which would work with the other parts, once I get them. Oh, do I just wait and get the older stuff or put the newer 10 speed stuff on that will give my girlfriend extra help on the hills? I did get the bike for her as its her first try of mountain biking.

I know period parts will be better in a complete sort of way, but modern and old will give a better gear spread, tell me what you think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 146
Back