Sell or lamp

• Sell

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Lamp

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lensmansteve":2tqd5kol said:
Fabulosa! Very 1930's Deco, maybe Bauhaus- or it would be without the Fatty logos! Nice base, good stability's very important with lamps..
Nice work! And one man's boring is surely another man's deLIGHT..

Super fatty, got to give it its due

Apologies, but there's not much that's both super and fat. I'm super skinny, but I don't have tattoos that boast about it..
Anyway, what LGF said about our mains is of course right. The third conductor is straight to earth, usually to a nearby earth spike. Do you use RCCBs? If not, a metallic lamp could be a danger (as if there's not enough of that around already..) Worth the danger anyway, and yes I see the remote switch..

lensmansteve":3icol9po said:
Apologies, but there's not much that's both super and fat. I'm super skinny, but I don't have tattoos that boast about it..
Anyway, what LGF said about our mains is of course right. The third conductor is straight to earth, usually to a nearby earth spike. Do you use RCCBs? If not, a metallic lamp could be a danger (as if there's not enough of that around already..) Worth the danger anyway, and yes I see the remote switch..

Lamps are two wire, no “earth ground”... stuff with earth grounds are dangerous stuff that pull max amps on circuit. Like Saws and the like. The 110 2 wire lamps usually aren’t dangerous Even if they short out. Wires usually melt on inside of case, puffs smoke or trips breaker. Light fixtures hardwired into the wall have the extra ground... they’re dangerous if something goes haywire

Stop, you're giving me nightmares with your tales of smouldering wires, I can almost smell the burning insulation..
Have you seen the David Lynch film Eraserhead? There's much amiss in the wiring of the apartment block in that too..

I like lamps. Bent steer tube on this one.

Attachments

• fork lamp 1.jpg
    fork lamp 1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 954
  • fork lamp 2.jpg
    fork lamp 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 954
lensmansteve":2igqr8ks said:
Stop, you're giving me nightmares with your tales of smouldering wires, I can almost smell the burning insulation..
Have you seen the David Lynch film Eraserhead? There's much amiss in the wiring of the apartment block in that too..

We do lots of repairs, most break in a handful of possibilities but some oddities come in. Had one that the house was hit by lightning and the lightning went through lamp. Melted all the metal but the ceramic was fine.

Yus. Re the lightning strike, a good earth spike and associated wiring might have saved the lamp, and a fair bit of damage generally. Maybe not. The house opposite mine got struck a few years ago. It knocked over the chimney stack, and a few tons of brick fell through the house. No serious injuries - lucky lucky..

Latest posts

Back