Kirk Revolution front derailleur hanger‏

Re:

What is that frame? It sure looks like a Kirk. I was not aware of anyone else doing cast magnesium frames that looked exactly like a Kirk, but Kirk.

Re: Re:

Dumbjer":2dwa5d24 said:
What is that frame? It sure looks like a Kirk. I was not aware of anyone else doing cast magnesium frames that looked exactly like a Kirk, but not a Kirk.

agree,

That does look a hell of a lot like a Kirk

Re:

I've just bought another Revolution for spares if you clarify what mech hanger you need I might be able to help you out.

Not sure how viable this is as an option but planet x do a band on direct mount front mech hanger allowing the use of a high direct mount mech on a normal frame. Maybe possible to lose the band and fit the clamp for the front mech somehow?

My airnimal Joey has a removable front mech clamp. Might also work as it bolts on?

Looking at Simon Haydn's site...looks like you need a band-on front mech (Shimano or Suntour ) with the band removed.
The frame plate in the pic above could be machined pretty easily, then you'll need the Revolution front mech nut which Simon sells, or something similar.

Certainly a do-able project, but overall probably cheaper and easier to pick up another Revolution bike/frame which has All the widgets as a replacement or donor, unless you're specially attached to the one you already have.

All the best,

Re:

hello to all Kirk owners!
I'm sorry to have attached this to this older thread, but after searching the internet for days for Kirk-related things, this seems to be the best place in the world for me to ask for some help with my Kirk.
In around 1988 i got a Kirk race-bike frame from my dad, which he got direct at the Kirk factory. (we think it was a pre series part, but already white painted as the first editions. At that time My dad was working as a technical engineer at the factory which produced the die casting Machines that kirk used and Kirk ordered them as consultants because of the known problems with the production of the frames. (Kirks first poor quality mold could not stand the pressure of the machine an so the liquid magnesium sprayed out of the mold every 2 or 3 shots)
So it happened when i was around 20 i built my own Kirk bike with some (Quattro branded) Suntour parts from a accidented Bianchi bike. Everything was fitting very good but not the front derailleur because of the wrong clamping type. The other problem was the rear hanger which i built myself. Now nearly 30 years later i tidied up our basement and when i saw my Kirk i decided to give it a second chance. Meanwhile i've restaurated complete cars and motorcycles, and also have a 3d Printer and a small cnc milling machine, so i can make the missing parts.

The only thing I don’t have, is the exact dimensions of the part in the first picture of that thread and of the rear hanger.

Does anyone have CAD Files or could you please measure and make a sketch of the originals or post some good pictures from the parts out of any directions?

...and some good high resolution pictures of the original decals would be also nice.

Re:

I have the files for the front and rear derailleurs. I can email them to you. Send me a reply to "dumbjer@gmail.com" and I'll get you the files.

Thank you for the parts! This really helps to get it on the road again!

I think this should work, at least it is printable with a 3d printer. I will try to print it over Christmas holidays.
For milling i think the rear one should be 2 half parts because of the inner form, or I have to open it and mill complete trough it.
Hope to have enough time at Christmas to try this out.

I will be back here and post the results...

Latest posts

Back