ZAC Ryde 2000 26" wheels Shimano dynohub THREAD CLOSED

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
Here we have a nice 26" pair of wheels,with the front one incorporating a dynohub for powering lights. The front is a ZAC 2000 wheel with Shimano dynohub DH-3N31-NT. The rear is a new unused Weinmann DP19 with Quando hub to fit Shimano 8/9/10 speed cassettes. This is a pair of wheels I've decided to sell together. The rims are probably the same make (I believe the Zac brand is a subsidiary of the Weinmann company) and cosmetically they're very similar. They both have Shimano hubs and are recent or current models from Shimano. The rims are both good quality alloy ones, and both 26" sized and are 1.75" across, so can fit quite wide tyres. The front ZAC Ryde 2000 one is slightly better quality as it is a double eyeletted design. They have 36 hole rims and spokes are stainless steel for strength. The bearing cones and races of the cheaper wheel are in mint condition, having never been used. I'm unable to check the bearing condition of the other wheel due to the unusual dynohub design which doesn't look like any normal hub and I wouldn't feel comfortable tampering with for fear of damaging the dynohub workings which seem to be connected to the bearings. However the hub and rim generally have had an easy life, judging from the rim brake surface wear, newness of wheel, and hub feeling to the hand (when axle is spun) as though grease is present, so I'd say it's likely to be in very good or excellent condition. I'm also unable to test the dynohub operation, but it has a consistent notched dynamo-like feel when the axle is spun, which would seem to indicate that its functioning ok mechanically, and quite possibly is the same electrically too. The original wiring loom and connector is present, and looks to my eyes not to have been cut down for usage, so this would suggest its all ready to be set up once suitable lights are matched with it. Both wheels runs straight and true. All threads are good. The rear rim shows minimal wear and is perfectly circular. The rear rim is untouched.
The price is £40, plus a courier cost should you not be able to collect them in person (preferred).

Back