Re:

Nice one regan, although I think you should take your research more seriously........haha. camt wait to see it in the metal dude, seriously good ;)

Re:

Holy Cr...p, what a project..talk about going the extra mile for wish fulfilment...absolutely incredible :shock:

Thanks for the encouraging support and compliments all. I was expecting at least one critical comment - you who really know me, know I can be super critical and borderline rude on other people’s builds (okay, beyond rude, I know, when I hate something I become a monster) so for those who really don’t agree with making replicas arc, I have some more compelling arguments to make in support of this.

Just to say here and now, this whole thing has been done because I have a stupendous amount of love for Yeti and all that John Parker did. He’s become a really great friend of mine in the last year. I had some money to fund this, but had to sell my first and most loved retro bike to part fund the rest, something I vowed NEVER to sell, because the C-26 is just so dreamy to me.

I guess the stars aligned with the timings of everything to make this all happen. Deciding I was going to pull the trigger and buy that Pro FRO when I did after looking at several Yeti ARCs (I really wanted a Yeti Ultimate - maybe one day!), then finding the flaws with it (basically that frame was trash and the tube needed to be repaired anyway - and because I’d had it so long since buying it, with it sat in Rumpfy’s garage over a six weeks, then in my own garage six weeks, it’s not credible to make a claim against the seller and I honestly can’t say those dents were my own fault, although only 1% of me thinks I might be).

Then the Swiss project announcement. Selling my Alpinestars. Finding the real C9 tubing. Chatting with JP about it all. It’s just like a fairy tale for me and I fuxxing love it all.

To Sinnerman: Thank you. I appreciate the high praise for someone as diligent as you with building bikes. And yeah, it was only ever going to be written about here. I don’t know if I’ll get it entered in time for BOTM though.

To Mark: yeah, I have a display planned. It could have its own build thread lol. I’ll get all that figured out and posted up within this thread. It’s also something of a project!

To Longbone: I know right? I could’ve just bought a ready built one, changed the tyres and put fresh decals on and be done with it :LOL:

To everyone else commenting: thanks. I plan to get the tools out on the weekend. My new shed still hasn’t got hard wired electricity and working in dark and cold afternoons on a head torch and extension leads isn’t brilliant, but the missus is off to Laandan for the weekend so I should be able to shove the dining table out the way and built dit indoors when she’s not here! :mrgreen:

regan_ev":25lo0o8s said:
Thanks for the encouraging support and compliments all. I was expecting at least one critical comment - you who really know me, know I can be super critical and borderline rude on other people’s builds (okay, beyond rude, I know, when I hate something I become a monster) so for those who really don’t agree with making replicas arc, I have some more compelling arguments to make in support of this.

Just to say here and now, this whole thing has been done because I have a stupendous amount of love for Yeti and all that John Parker did. He’s become a really great friend of mine in the last year. I had some money to fund this, but had to sell my first and most loved retro bike to part fund the rest, something I vowed NEVER to sell, because the C-26 is just so dreamy to me. I guess the stars aligned with the timings of everything to make this all happen. Deciding I was going to pull the trigger and buy that Pro FRO when I did after looking at several Yeti ARCs (I really wanted a Yeti Ultimate - maybe one day!), then finding the flaws with it (basically that frame was trash - and because I’d had it so long since buying it, with it sat in Rumofus garage over a six weeks, then in my own garage six weeks, it’s not credible to make a claim against the seller and I honestly can’t say those dents were my own fault, although only 1% of me thinks I might be. Then the Swiss project announcement. Selling my Alpinestars. Finding the real C9 tubing. Chatting with JP about it all. It’s just like a fairy tale for me and I fuxxing love it all.

To Sinnerman: Thank you. I appreciate the high praise for someone as diligent as you with building bikes. And yeah, it was only ever going to be written about here. I don’t know if I’ll get it entered in time for BOTM though.

To Mark: yeah, I have a display planned. It could have its own build thread lol. I’ll get all that figured out and posted up within this thread. It’s also something of a project!

To Longbone: I know right? I could’ve just bought a ready built one, changed the tyres and put fresh decals on and be done with it :LOL:

I plan to get the tools out on the weekend. My new shed still hasn’t got hard wired electricity and working in dark and cold afternoons on a head torch and extension leads isn’t brilliant, but the missus is off to Laandan for the weekend so I should be able to shove the dining table out the way and built dit indoors when she’s not here! :mrgreen:

Theres nothing more rewarding than realising a dream, and all those that find they want to help clearly realise that, and this thing of ours is suddenly a joint effort and friendships develop with like minded folk who have done it, doing it and want to do it.

Sharing it here is brilliant, an archive of all the effort, a place to add some history, a storyboard of a dream if you will.

I fear for some, it is too easy to critic, to shout "ELITE", "wallet Waver", etc etc. In truth it takes a certain sort of person to embark on this sort of journey, to spend the money, to break a bike, to entrust others, to work as a team regardless of "MAMMOTH" distances. And all for one United Goal.

To realise a Dream.

Absolutely Brilliant mate.

Re:

And I knew today was going to be a tough one for me, so to get up this morning, Have my usual coffee, check my emails and work stuff to then log on to here to find and read your thread, not only put a smile on my face, it sent me out the door in a better frame of mind.

So thank you.

Great read Reg! Looking forward to seeing more

Re:

Great story, super attention to detail as it should be. I can't help twitch and grimace that it won't be ridden but that's just me.

Back