Yet another Orange P7 Rescue

Bit of an old thread revival! After using the P7 for a bit, then not using it for a bit, decided I would go fully Resto this during lock down as the paint hadn't aged well, they were coated so thinly anyway.

Its not going to be to all tastes but I fancied a bike I can just pick up and ride rather than getting kitted out with shoes, gloves, supplies etc just to grab a few extra miles when time permits or bomb to the shop on. I added some modern comforts like a new saddle and 620mm bars which when you ride a 730mm 29er makes the switch a bit weird and uncomfortable for a good few miles.

Frame has been powdered in RAL6003 Matt Olive which again is a bit of a modern trend with an historical nod, everything has been serviced\polished or replaced, all the old parts retained. Its basically a brand new bike now, needs a few tweeks. Not happy with the decals 100%, headset bearings are shot and V-Brake alignment needs sorting.

1994 Orange P7 Retro Build, bit of old, bit of new. by Luke Hussey, on Flickr

I really like that. Colour and finish look first class. Only thing I would have done different would be to use a silver bar rather than black, to match the seatpost and stem.

Looks a fun ride. Nice one.

Cheers Prezza, maybe I'll swap them out at some point, still have the hot rod bars but at 560mm they are just too narrow, I wanted to get the widest bar I could find in 25.4mm and keep the SK8 stem, didn't want to resort to buying something cheap, dangerous, nasty on eBay!

I don't know what period flat bars came 600mm+? Not many if any? I did honestly think about it but I don't feel too bad, the O2 I've had since new doesn't have a silver bar.

Re:

Hey Juicy Orange,

What did you use to clean up the rust from the SK8 stem? I have used a few products but none have been as successful as yours.

Thanks

Dan

Nobody came up with Juicy Orange ?? :shock: 12 years I've been stuck with dyna-ti :facepalm:

Very nice colour. Orange not as screamingly orange as you might have though. Works really well. Top marks :cool:

Latest posts

Back