Would you class this as new or NOS?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’m looking for 50mm Azonic shorty for a project.

Watching a few on eBay and recieved an offer for this one.

Is it me or is this very far from NOS or new? Looks worse than some used ones I’ve seen or am I expecting too much.

Sellers feedback is also “interesting”

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
One picture, yeah that's not going to work.
Doesn't look NOS in my eyes.
Bought 65 in better shape and better price. And yeah I understand the 50 are more sought after.

Price is a bit spicey for a used one but not if NOS.

I’d ideally like a £50-60 nice used one.

Well the are getting more and more sought after in any length for commuters.
Just measured the silver dlx is 62.5, the black one must be 75.
iirc they did 50 - 62.5 - 75 - 100? I have a box somewhere that has all the sizes.

People seem to think if it's been kicking about in a parts bin for 20 years with no packaging, it's still NOS. Whether the wear came from being fitted to a bike or having a crankset rubbing on it, it's still marked and therefore used.

People seem to think if it's been kicking about in a parts bin for 20 years with no packaging, it's still NOS. Whether the wear came from being fitted to a bike or having a crankset rubbing on it, it's still marked and therefore used.

Hasn't been used as a stem though which is more the point.

Just ask for more photos if you are keen on the stem. Only need to see close ups of the bolts and inner surface of the steerer and bar interface to see if it as been fitted.

I have stuff that aren't NOS which is why I will not qualify them as such.
I will however, depending on the grade of the item price things as NOS.

If people aren't willing to pay for it, it'll not sell.
This Shorty I'd value at 65+ squidwards. Everything has a price.

This has been on for ages. He was selling a few of them, different lengths. Pricing seems destined to tap into the knuckle draggers in the retro DH market rather than us more refined and sophisticated types..
It’s dark world - DH and DJ.

Everything is battered and top money

Marks,dings, shop wear aside, bolts do not look right. Sure the originals did not come with stainless bolts? High tensile zinc plate from memory? The 4 bolts on the front have more square edges to the heads, the 2 on the quill have a slight chamfer. Bolts were probably changed due to corrosion and being left out in the rain which matches the pitting on the sides of the stem. The way the light gives a wavy edge around the steerer bore says no to me. Small dings on the corner of the bar facing edges on the stem side only and not the front clamp side means its been rattled around in separate parts a lot. Low mileage that's seen a build or 2 in my eyes but hell no not NOS. £50 posted IMO

Back