Work bikes

file.php
Spanky22b":1tlimzzc said:
My new work bike,1992 Lavadome
Haven’t really got a clue what I’m doing so sorry Spanky22b for nicking your picture (and realise you posted it over 5 years ago), but how effortlessly cool is that?! Nice and original looking too.

Looking good. I did similar with mine but the front mudguard snapped clean off at the lower fork mounts going up a curb ramp at speed last week. Now running them sawn off behind of fork & from seat stays down to to BB complimented by Crud Catcher & an old seat post mtb mudguard cable tied to the rear rack.

Graham_hkr":2yxfvshj said:
Very nice frame set on the Sunn Vertik

Thanks. I do like me some 90's Sunn :D
I've been riding a '95 Vertik 2 for the past 20 years (my sister bought it new in '95, and still regrets selling it to me), but that one only comes out in the summer these days. So when this "new" one popped up at a reasonable price, I had to get it to have something similar for bad weather conditions.
It still needs a good clean up, new brake pads etc. And the seat post is stuck, just about an inch above where I would like it. But it already rides nicely with the new tyres, and the stem lowered from way past the minimum insert marker to as low as it will go.

MikeyMK":3qcq1e8y said:
My workhorse has to work hard, i built it for it's tasks by shortening a GT Quatrefoil and fitting it with GT LTS/STS rear suspension, as a basis.

LCizZo7.jpg

This is awesome! Do you have any more pics?

Back