Windows 10 drivers

Re:

What is not working, you should be able to use your older drivers or remove an installed driver (i stalled in the old os) and see if it picks it up from windows update by itself.

Without knowing what driver for what you are looking for it is hard to help, most important bits are built in as a default and few exotic stuff actually needs anything installed.

Re:

By disc do you mean from the bluray drive?

Try a full reset it in the options (ask cortana or an online help assistant). That's if you don't mind starting from a fresh install. Also make sure it is up to date via windows update.

It all looks pretty much generic
Nvidia optimus, intel and broadcom

So pop to their sites

Well that could have gone better....
Thought to myself 'sod it, they're not going to release drivers for my comp' and grabbed the recovery disc to revert my laptop back to Win7. So I made an system image on an external hard drive and started the restore.
Which worked! Apart from missing a few drivers - a few very important drivers, like all the ones which allow my pc to access the internet!!!
F*ck!
Went round to my bro in laws and with his help got a couple of drivers onto a dongle and got me up and running, now a full 24 hours later and over 200 updates later, I have a relatively stable win7 machine.
That is apart from the system image....
When is a system image not a system image?
When it takes an hour to send 166gb of data to an external hdd and you evidently end up with a file that says it is an image but is in fact 6kb of nothing... GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I will be going to see my IT guru mate in the new year...

Computers... I normally love them but every now and again make me want to kill!

Im determined to stay off W10 until its been examined fully, im just getting too long in the tooth for all this patching business and 3rd party programs failing, and so update or patch them. If even possible. :roll:
W8.1 is compatible with everything i do at present.

But theyre getting desperate to install it as im getting 2 pop up windows per day urging me to install it. Im expecting one day for the little X to close the pop up, starts masquerading as Install-Rapid Fashion :shock:

dyna-ti":nbdmp0dj said:
Im determined to stay off W10 until its been examined fully, im just getting too long in the tooth for all this patching business and 3rd party programs failing, and so update or patch them. If even possible. :roll:
W8.1 is compatible with everything i do at present.

But theyre getting desperate to install it as im getting 2 pop up windows per day urging me to install it. Im expecting one day for the little X to close the pop up, starts masquerading as Install-Rapid Fashion :shock:

you are not alone, I just don't trust it to work (including all drivers etc) properly

Back