Whyte PRST-1 - any information?

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just picked up a Whyte PRST-1, it’s obviously had a frame repair at some point. But the rest is good, Hope hubs with Mavic 517 times, Hope disc brake and XT group set.
The rear shock has a very worn bush, possibly the shaft is worn as well judging by the amount of movement. The headset is loose and the brakes don’t work very well, that’s all I can find wrong with it!
Is there wear on the front linkage in the picture attached or is it meant to look like this?

I’ve wanted one of these for years but they nearly always have low end grouper’s, so I went for one with good parts but a cracked frame ;)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9893.jpeg
    IMG_9893.jpeg
    531.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    826.3 KB · Views: 33
Hello. Lovely looking bike there, I do like the prst's.

Mine has a rubber boot over the fork linkage as pictured so I can't compare mine to yours...but yours does look to have significant wear. Maybe they all look like this though? I am led to believe that Whyte will replace bearings etc for the prst for life, so prob worth getting in touch with them.

I contacted Whyte recently about an owners manual for my prst and they were immediately helpful and sent me a 2.06mb file withing 48 hrs. I'm happy to share that with u (if there is not already one someone on here) if I can upload it somewhere, or as I say get in touch with them.

Cheers
Karl

Attachments

• PXL_20240626_111322828~2.jpg
    PXL_20240626_111322828~2.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi, thanks for the message, can I send you my email address so you can send the manual please?
I’ve not got round to doing anything to it yet, too much decorating etc to do at home!

Yep, that spherical bearing is toast. New one from memory is around £50. I think warranty only applies to the original owner.

Back