Who's still riding or fettling, what you up to now?

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
It's the end of 2015 and been quiet in this area group section, I know what some are up to and doing but what are you building or have you gone soft and turned modern.
Switched to a rodie or started hitting the mud again.
Or just stopped completely and moved to something else ?
Any projects in the works

How's life changed for you East and South Yorkies and Lincolnettes ?

Re:

For me been moving house for the year, keeping most things packed up.

From memory I've built a Rock Mountain 1992 Stratos, a Rocky Mountain 1993 Altitude early in the year and still have a frame in the loft from the past years and never managed to refurb my Pace yet, while two bikes are rotting at the bottom of the pile and need a good rebuild.

Get out ever now and again and managed to get out on a Sunday recently as well.

Aim for next year, move in to the new house, sell this house, setup a man shed and garage and get trully muddy in the first months and hit some new areas to ride. Plus get out on the moors more.

Chances of that happenings?

pace has been rebuilt, cindercone is getting overhauled, overburys been started, fuquays getting ridden, proflex may get retired, lapierre went to the alps, felt is still strapped to the turbo, hoffman is gavering dust, charge duster to build for winter duties

been too busy to ride as much as id like lately and i really dont like spending ages cleaning mud off myself and bikes for the sake of an hours ride anymore

xr2 needs welding, t4 needs a bit more welding, aint surfed in way too long and deleted facebook

I've not been out on a bike for over a year but I'm still in the gym three times a week.

I'm now doing very intense strength training or 5x5 for those in the know. Here's some of my current lifts. Remember though I'm still only 12 stone 3.

All weights are over five sets of five repetitions following a five set ramp'd warm up:

Squat 120 Kilo 5x5
Shoulder press 62.5 Kilo 5x5
Deadlift 120 Kilo 5x5 (Max single rep = 140 Kilo)
Chinups body weight plus 20 Kilo on my belt 5x5
Barbel Curls 35 Kilo 4 x 8
Hanging Knee Raise 4 x 15
Barbel row 105 Kilo 5x5
Bench press 105 Kilo 5x5
Frame dips 4 x 8 plus 25 kilo on my belt
Planks three sets of two minute planks with 30 seconds rest between

I'm eating 4000 calories a day to sustain this regime.

I'm just about to move onto a new routine which calls for a change in squat workout. Instead of doing 5x5 I have to do one set of twenty squats every night and add 2.5 kilo every night until I'm able to do 1 set of twenty at my current 5 rep max. This means that in six weeks I have to do one set of 20 squats at 120 Kilo. I'm NOT looking forward to it. This new routine calls for me to drink a gallon of milk every day on top of my 4000 calories per day. It's called the 'Squats and Milk' routine for a reason.

The odd thing is that I'm not much bigger than when you all saw me last but I can lift a massive amount of weight when compared to other bigger guys in the gym. A lot of them are using 'Bodybuilding' routines whereas I just want to be fit and strong. A bigger and better looking body is a bit of a side effect of my training, not the main goal.

On the bike side of things I'm just, once again, trying to sell off some of my bikes. I now have a gold '97 Kona Explosif to work on and still have all of my old bikes including the silver Kilauea I never got around to building.

My personal life has been in turmoil this year, hence my silence and lack of cycling. I split with my wife in June after she f****d the painter and decorator I employed to paint my house whilst I was at work, they were at it for three weeks in my house with my daughter present before I found out. When I found out she walked out and left me with my three and a half year old daughter to look after so I was unable to go to work. After a month she got a new place to live with the other guy and I handed over my daughter so I could go back to work. After a month back at work I got made redundant.

I now have a new job and a new partner. I see my little girl on a weekend and the divorce will be finalised in about a month or so.

What a f*****g year.

All the best ladies, gentlemen and Spud.

P.S. My green Rockhopper Comp and Specialized Allez road bike are up for grabs first. PM me if you are interested.

Ain't been on a bike for quite some time, just started (another) diet and fitness program, although there is a long way to go.
PRST4- has a puncture :oops:
Black Yo- waiting for last couple of bits before build
Harlequin Yo- like the black frame above, not even opened the box yet :facepalm:
Sunn- just sat there waiting to be built up
GT- as above, bit too small though I rec
Kona CC- just needs wheels and crank fitting, again, maybe a trifle small
Kona Hahanna- prob give this frame away, no good to me now...not even opened the box again :facepalm:
Klein- hanging in my mums garage, albeit ready to roll
Really should get off my ass and come for a ride, although I'd probably hold you all back :(

I haven't been out riding for pleasure for ages now. The same old mix of being busy working on the house and stuff and when I do have bike time it seems to be taken up building or maintaining bikes for commuting. I'm definitely missing it.

I've almost finished the Prometheus to take over as my winter bike now, so hopefully then I can get back to building up the other bikes I have the parts waiting for. Including the Raleigh Twenty I'm collecting from the powdercoaters on Saturday :)

Hopefully I should make a weekend ride soon. I also need to find time to offload some of my bikes and parts, especially since I may have bought another this morning :oops:

Back