Who knows about go pro cameras - specifically the earlier(read cheaper) ones

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thinking of getting something for the back of the bike, and was looking at something like a hero3 as they appear to be quite cheap on ebay.
Given its just as a safety feature it doesnt really have to have all the bells and whistles that the higher end ones do.
Plus the 3 and that type would have had rave reviews when first released, so cant be all that bad really. But I dont know as ive never had one so would like to have experienced(or anyones) thoughts on them.

Depends how far you're going to ride. Even on the most energy friendly film/motion setting, you'll only get 90 or so minutes. Not sure how much you'll get in the time lapse setting.
If I'm filming anything, I take 4 batteries. At least.

Good point,i'd be riding for longer than 90 mins. Maybe something on a continuous loop then.
Cycliq fly 6 appears to be ideal, but I'm not paying that 😲

SJ.Cam - Checking it out. Cheers :cool: I'll have a look in review central -- YouTube

I have a SJCam but so far not used it, will need to try it out. Be careful what you buy as there are genuine SJCams and there are several fake, ripoff versions, you need to be able to tell them apart before buying. The info is out there if you Google for it so you can tell which is which. I also have a cheapo ripoff one I bought as it was cheap and came with several different mounts. Think the GoPro and SJCam mounts are interchangeable, one type is "how much?" the others are more friendly to your wallet.

I have had an SJCam since about 2014. Mine is an SJ4000. I think it's reasonable quality, and back when I bought it I thought it was fairly good value for money. I think colour rendition could be a bit better, but that's a fairly minor complaint. I'd expect the latest SJCAM models to be quite a bit more advanced than mine. The other camera I considered was the Contour Roam, but the SJCAM was better on price, and it has a screen on the back that you can use to frame what you want to film and access the menus.

Back