Who doesn't like a good mystery ... what frame is this?

Re:

Ok ... so I have been staring at the headtube trying to make out some colour and shape.

Rectangular adhesive badge.

Looks like a shield shaped crest (back, red, and white) with some blue lettering going up left to right diagonally through it (maybe blue)

I was going to suggest a Norco, but I don't think any came with the Tange struts. My 94 Rampage frame came with a similar noodle to that, Ritchey drop outs, etc.

I noticed that to, but, again, no real matches.

Maybe I'll see a crest/logo somewhere that seems to match. Otherwise this is going to remain a mystery.

Got a fork out of it though! :)

i have to agree it looks very "blizzard" like. but with the noodle (on the wrong side of the frame) and not having a wishbone rear, it's not a "blizzard".

Re:

Ok ... I think I have this figured out.

Its an Aquila. Toronto based company. Likely about a 1991-2.

Here is a later version of the bike, but there are also a few other pics online. Same high seat tube and routing. Definately Rocky Mountain/Brodie inspired. The company mainly does road stuff now, not sure on their MTB history.

Attachments

• aquila.jpg
    aquila.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Mystery 1.JPG
    Mystery 1.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 202
Im trying to learn more about aquilas mtb history. I know they made an aluminum mtb with tange struts, sakae power buldge ti handlebars, xt group i assume around 91. I found thier headtube logo too

Attachments

• C673AC7E-B4F0-431F-8F06-A5F6EA73DA65.png
    C673AC7E-B4F0-431F-8F06-A5F6EA73DA65.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 3
It looks a lot like the Team Chance and also a lot like my Concorde. Weren't thet all related to Vellend or Veltec?

I wish i knew, from what ive been able to gether its a canadian brand? Somewhere around toronto. This one pic of the aluminum aquila I have found is very well specced but im no expert.

Attachments

• CFDCCCD9-13CD-425F-8C17-EA4331432793.jpeg
    CFDCCCD9-13CD-425F-8C17-EA4331432793.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back