Wheres 'Ebay Madness' I've something to add

I’m still baffled by this mismatched , poorly spec Zaskar fetching £700 on bids the other day

I dont know. It does look pretty clean and Zaskar was an iconic name if you were a teen loving mtb's in the 90s.
That manitou was a cool fork back then, too.
If you just want that memory back and do not follow the classic bike scene 700 does not sound too bad?
Sure you can get the frame for 200 and build it way nicer but not everybody has the abillity or patience to do that...

I dont know. It does look pretty clean and Zaskar was an iconic name if you were a teen loving mtb's in the 90s.
That manitou was a cool fork back then, too.
If you just want that memory back and do not follow the classic bike scene 700 does not sound too bad?
Sure you can get the frame for 200 and build it way nicer but not everybody has the abillity or patience to do that...

Nostalgia is the only driving force in my eyes as let’s be honest they don’t ride well at all compared to modern bikes

It’s a intergrated collar frame which is least desirable, not a LE , wrong decals , and build kit that’s all over the place in terms of quality and year.

Far nicer examples on eBay have sat around for ages for far less so it’s a bit of weird one and I bet it pops back up again for sale.

Remember on bids it must mean 2 bidders think it’s worth that or close to end up that high.

I’m seriously considering throwing a few Zaskars together with mid range kit and letting them bid up on eBay if that’s what they fetch for what looks to me like a £250-300 bike.

I dont know the UK market but here in Germany a mid-90s Zaskar (ball burnished) in clean condition and with standard components goes for 300-400€. 200€ for a good frame.
The eloxed ones are bit more when color is not fading too much.
That Manitou M4 in good condition goes for 75-100€.

Sometimes sellers get lucky. I guess someone liked that one and did not know better. It happens.
I'm with @pw_pw_la btw: sometimes prices go crazy, sometimes there is extreme bargains. Realistic value is somewhere in the middle ;)

I dont know the UK market but here in Germany a mid-90s Zaskar (ball burnished) in clean condition and with standard components goes for 300-400€. 200€ for a good frame.
The eloxed ones are bit more when color is not fading too much.

Sometimes sellers get lucky. I guess someone liked that one and did not know better. It happens.
I'm with @pw_pw_la btw: sometimes prices go crazy, sometimes there is extreme bargains. Realistic value is somewhere in the middle ;)
Once converted to £ then yes that’s the same as here.

This one is double and less desirable than a nice surviving bike with period bits and Judys etc

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back