When you’ve been hoarding too long…

Everything. Some nos parts I'm too chicken to use, too many forks, many many parts. Trying to start the process of releasing them into the wild.

Reactions: WWC
I've done some good ones in the past because of not being very organised putting parts all over the place and forgetting i have them, the Dave Yates Diabolo frame was a good one. I knew i'd bought it but for the life of me couldn't think where it was. Then about a year later i was moving stuff in the cave and under boxes and about five sets of wheels there's a red headtube poking out with what looks like fillet brazing and wala there it was 😂

I was wiring in a new pair of lights in the garage yesterday and came across 4 bike tyres that I must have ordered during covid and hadnt even opened beyond a small hole in the package to verify what was in there. Got to get myself organised this summer!

Guess I haven't been hoarding long enough, since I only find crap in random bags in my shop.
Our customers usually buy all the interesting stuff and leave us with the crap.
50 years worth.

Some basement items though we have seen go from
Totally worthless to
Slightly sellable...

So I can remember boxes full of these things, you couldn't give them away, but now the tide has turned...

Downtube shifters
Weinmann brakes
42/52 chainsets
Chrome toeclips
25.4/26 drop bars

Early full sus frames
DJ frames
Flat bars
26 wheels
Cantilever brakes
Thumbshifters
10 speed rd derailleurs and shifters

Currently we have piles of front mechs, V-brake levers, narrow risers, 27"wheel era racing frames, toeclip specific, spd and look pedals, silly oversize alloy axle chainsets (fsa/sram etc) long ahead stems.

Latest posts

Back