Wheels/disks on a 99 FSR, advise needed!

Well i've done a bit of research today, kinda depressed me tho!

What i currently have is a 9mm thru-axle hub, but of a fore runner to the 15/20mm bolt thru axle's i guess but you could run it with standard forks/dropouts. I can only find two solutions if i want to carry on running a 9mm thru-axle, and thats a Hope Pro 2, or DT swiss 240 hub (both out of my budget!) running conversion parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260979675667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23857

Bugger!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Specialized also did a disc version of the Stout hub and they pop up on eBay quite regularly ( I have bought a couple in the past). Be careful though as they also did Stout hubs that were a normal QR not the 9mm 'Skraxle' that you have. I still have a six bolt disc front hub that I haven't built up and don't know what I will do with it as yet.

02gf74":1md1atur said:
S-M":1md1atur said:
I filed the nut down.....

but in the photo we see a locknut - there is nylon insert that prevents the nut from loosening so filing that off is not a good idea.

you can get half-height locknuts or use a standard nut with lots of loctite, both of which should be thinner.

I would agree, but mine has been fine, and so has numerous other peoples who have done the same conversion.

If you want to file the nut down thwn removing more from the hexagonal end and leaving the Nylock bit itnact is the best way to do it as this means it is less likely to come undone from the vibrations associated with riding but you just need to be careful tightening/loosening the nut so as not to round it off.

Sorted the front wheel out, Hope Pro 2 hub with 9mm bolt-thru adaptors

main.php

main.php

main.php

Job jobbed :)

Back