What the heck is this Wheeler bike?

Nothingtoxic

Retro Newbie
My Dad picked this up today. Any ideas what model it is and what year it’s from? Thanks

Attachments

• 8CED505A-36B7-449E-A7B4-857896117899.jpeg
    8CED505A-36B7-449E-A7B4-857896117899.jpeg
    746.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi, upfront, in all honesty I must admit, I personally think this is a shitty bike...
Heavy and ugly.

Still thought I could help to identify at least the year. Typically it's easy by identifying some Shimano components.

I have to give up. I've browsed through a lot of shitty Tourney rear derailleur to find that the RD-TX50 model looks like the one at the Wheeler.
E.g.
Or

But even Shimano might not love those cheap groups a lot because there is no documentation or information about the year available.

Just my unconfirmed guess, it's might be a early 2000s year, so not vintage but rather retro design.

Hi, upfront, in all honesty I must admit, I personally think this is a shitty bike...
Heavy and ugly.

Still thought I could help to identify at least the year. Typically it's easy by identifying some Shimano components.

I have to give up. I've browsed through a lot of shitty Tourney rear derailleur to find that the RD-TX50 model looks like the one at the Wheeler.
E.g.
Or

But even Shimano might not love those cheap groups a lot because there is no documentation or information about the year available.

Just my unconfirmed guess, it's might be a early 2000s year, so not vintage but rather retro design.
Thanks for your efforts!

It is fugly, but with a bit of work it could be a fun clunker. Certainly a decent step up from a BSO ie mostly alloy parts etc.

for 10 quid I would have bought that. Stripped off fenders, get rid of that horrid derailleur and cassette, ss kit on there with a cheapo tensioner, cheapo stx crankset, then bin the fork, get the cheapest rigid fork I could find and call it a day. Ride it into the sunshine.

Oh and rattle it black and splash it with a bunch of white enamel for ratty splatter..

Not a wasted time sink if you're having fun

Or is it?

Back