What Retrobike "feature" do you avoid when looking for bikes?

I like the connection to the ground you get fully rigid, but if the ground is too lumpy, front suspension makes it a lot easier.

Tarmac - a decent tyre, saddle and frame tubing gives you all the suspension you need.

Gravel suits a fatter tyre for comfort and control.

You can always carry your bike over the rough stuff off course, but a decent front fork is pretty reliable.

I like the connection to the ground you get fully rigid, but if the ground is too lumpy, front suspension makes it a lot easier.

Tarmac - a decent tyre, saddle and frame tubing gives you all the suspension you need.

Gravel suits a fatter tyre for comfort and control.

You can always carry your bike over the rough stuff off course, but a decent front fork is pretty reliable.

I'm talking 1st generation Rockshox and the like. They used to blow seals for fun, and that was with lightweight riders on board. I keep my retro riders rigid but would always consider suspension forks from the mid to late 90's onwards.

Suspension
Disc brakes
Alluminium
Expensive but poorly engineered exotica parts
Weird headset sizes / shock arrangements
Norba geometry
Cotta pins

But I love and have absolutely no issues with U Brakes....

Should probably add 1x gearing, tubeless tyres and through axles and weird boosty type spacing....as they have been around for 10 years, so probably retro now too. 🤣

Back