What model and year of bicycle is it?

isay99

Retro Newbie
Buenas noches, les agradecería mucho que me pudiera ayudar a saber qué modelo y año es esta bicicleta de montaña y si es original. Muchas gracias.

1000112276.jpg 1000112285.jpg 1000112283.jpg 1000112291.jpg 1000112284.jpg

Good evening, I would be very grateful if you could help me find out what model and year this mountain bike is, and if it is original.

Looks like a late 90s GT Outpost to me, like this one:

Thank you very much for your support, I looked for the model you mentioned but the fork that this bicycle has is marked GT, will it be original? or would they have put it on?
Greetings and thank you very much

It's hard to say, but my guess would be it is a Mid 90's Timberline perhaps 1994?. It has been given different decals and might have been resprayed. It's definitely a GT though as stamped on the end of the top tube and forks. It's a versatile frame to create something cool with... What are your plans?

It's hard to say, but my guess would be it is a Mid 90's Timberline perhaps 1994?. It has been given different decals and might have been resprayed. It's definitely a GT though as stamped on the end of the top tube and forks. It's a versatile frame to create something cool with... What are your plans?
Can you see the serial number? It is usually underneath the bottom bracket... that can sometimes help with identification

Come on now, it's patently obvious it's a GT Specialized BMX... (Sorry to the OP, my sarcastic humour. At least I didn't mention the "Z" word ;) )

For what it's worth my guess is a '97 Palomar but as PhillB suggests, if you can find the serial number it'd go some way to helping (at least should be able to find the year and possibly model/range of models)

Probably would steer clear. It looks like someone cut off the original seat post, and then jammed a smaller one in there. Plus it's a right mix of components, mostly not very good ones.

You know what, you're right that's exactly what's happened there... :( I saw something not right but just chalked it up to a too small post and a crappy shim. Not sure if it's a potential purchase or already bought but I agree it's one to avoid, unless OP really wants a steel GT in that size & is planning a full on build.

The stuck post can be dealt with (caustic soda) but is it really worth it?

Back