What is it ? Stainless steel frame !

I do not think that bike is stainless steel :( I would like to see / own one though :cool:

Note that some grades of 'non magnetic' SS can actually be magnetised by forming / working ;)

WD :D

I think that's a generic nickel plated Tange DB frame, sold to a few companies in the 90s. It could have had one of several badges, or have been sold with no badge at all by an independent shop. Not special, but nice!

hamster":2fwvim1w said:
It's puzzling - look at the rear dropouts...I guess that they are silver brazed as there is no trace of brass. What surprises me is that there isn't even a hint of rusting on the dropouts, which you would expect if the wheel had been in and out a few times.

Mind, it looks like it's been barely ridden!

Many rear dropouts are stainless steel, same with seat collars. Henry James dropouts that are on many steel frame bikes are stainless. You can buff stainless dropouts and seat collars to a chrome like finish and mask them off before painting the frame. You can braze stainless steel to steel....commonly done.

The frame pictured above is built by Merida in Taiwan.....Is the frame clearcoated? I doubt that it's stainless. As mentioned in the link above the early 90's stainless was tough stuff to work with and found to be brittle and the newer Reynolds 953 is also tough stuff to work with and also very expensive...as mush as Titanium in fact.

Re: Re:

Hotwheels.":bgzd3sm1 said:
WD Pro":bgzd3sm1 said:
I would like to see one though :cool:
If you're going to Mayhem I may bring mine along and let you feel it up a bit.

I think that one might have finished, it was after all 11 years ago :?

Re:

:LOL:

....are you saying that the libido "matured" in 11 years towards a different craving?

Heaven forbid not this carbon filth. :mrgreen:

Back