What is a Tushingham worth then?

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
I'm not selling, just curious how much it would be worth in an insurance or what size lock to take way:

435519-1ead08b43b713e7261609bba5113c8e2.jpg

Full exage fest, with joytech/araya wheels in a nicely worn in, usable condition.

Never seen a Tushingham change hands!

Its not 'high end'

Its not a hand made pre-production prototype

Its appeal is very narrow and to very few

Sooooo...

Sadly less than you might think, maybe less than something from Halfords

I'm sorry but thats just the way it is.

Pre-production Saracen or Orange, then maybe but a mass produced frame with faded paint and some vaguely historic decals....

*if it had been something like this thread? https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/raleigh-sbdu-753-dynaflite-manager-special.437747/

Sadly got to agree.Stiff cycles have one hung up on the wall because roger was local to us . Now sells surf stuff as far as I know. Nice bloke but as the big cheese says. It aint gonna be a lot

Last edited:
Aha, I searched on here and they have not changed hands much.

I figured about the sum of its parts perhaps.

Like so many, rare != desirable

Last edited:
if you get someone who used to race around on one of these when he was a youngster then you will get money for it.Its the memories they are buying rather than the bike. Sold an old raleigh a few years ago to a chap who owns a garage( not one of the better raleighs )He was having the body shop strip it and re spray it and one of the mechanics got the job of giving it a nut and bolt strip down and service.Cost him way more than it was worth but he had one when he was a lad and wanted another so to him it was worth it.Find someone like that and you are in.

Back