What have I just dragged out shed?

IMHO Objectively, yeah, give this a whirl. Build up from the tat box. Have some rides on it, and then seek other pastures.

"Aim for the stars, and you will reach the moon"
I have a feeling It might become my skunk works platform....just looking at those altus brakes I had a few ideas .🤔 Some fun to be had with them...😁

👍 I've not seen yours on my internet travels and searches...they're pretty competent bikes...I know little about suspension I kinda let that pass me by as I picked up my teeth...but your bike for a 92 looks to me to be quite a piece of kit! So little seems to be out there the most I've found is a few randoms on Google images then everything else on here...
I guess I'm gonna have to do something with it now..😊
There is a thread on retro bike for Pacific Cycles with catalogues.the bike photo shows a Hot chilli of 1995 but mine is different as mine is 1992 and the brace tube that comes off the top tube is curved not straight.

Attachments

• Peter Denk hot chillie revamp.jpg
    Peter Denk hot chillie revamp.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 6
There is a thread on retro bike for Pacific Cycles with catalogues.the bike photo shows a Hot chilli of 1995 but mine is different as mine is 1992 and the brace tube that comes off the top tube is curved not straight.
Yes I found it eventually! Once I knew the name Pacific cycles was not just a manufacturer but a brand name too it made figuring out what I had a lot easier! Without that name I'd still be scrolling hundreds of pictures or random early nineties aluminium bikes and getting no where 😆 now it turns out all the info on them is actually on retrobike!

I think the frame was made by Pacific bikes as I have a 1992 Maxam hot chille confirmed as made by them.Here's my frame number my cable guides are the same as yours.
I thought Pacific frame numbers had a year numeral and then 6 digits .... that may have changed after 1990 though. However, if it is was that frame not built in 1994?

Found this thread as I have a very similar frame to ID which I think is a Pacific. Not sure yours is the 7 comp though as the catalog pics show the top tube cable routing being offset to the right whereas yours appear to be central? Still looking through the catalogs…

Found this thread as I have a very similar frame to ID which I think is a Pacific. Not sure yours is the 7 comp though as the catalog pics show the top tube cable routing being offset to the right whereas yours appear to be central? Still looking through the catalogs…
Good spot I missed that! Uh oh ....seeds of doubt down 😆
Pop pics of yours up....more Pacific's being shown more info garnered 👍

Good spot I missed that! Uh oh ....seeds of doubt down 😆
Pop pics of yours up....more Pacific's being shown more info garnered 👍
Took a while, but here are a few pics of mine for reference. Unfortunately someone painted over the original paint job 🙄, but seems to come off relatively easy, just haven't got the time or inclination to do it

Back