What are these Bombers?

lclements

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hey all,
Just got some new forks on a bike I bought, and wanted to know a little more about them. I know they are Marzocchi bomber's, but do not know what model (Z1, Z2 etc), what year and if possible to say how much travel they might have. Also would like to know if they are decent enough forks for dirt jumping.
It also says about open bath or something... what is that? They sound kinda squelchy so I guess its oil inside the fork..

Pics here, help much appreciated!
Luke

Attachments

• fork1.jpg
    fork1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 635
  • fork2.jpg
    fork2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 635
Ah, right, sorry if this is the wrong forum then, I just figured they were older. Still, is anyone able to shed more light?
Here's a picture of the bike as a whole :)
Thanks
Luke

Attachments

• builtup.jpg
    builtup.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 604
Cool, older than I thought tbh.. now obviously this isn't a how much is it worth thread, and I'm not selling them but what would they be worth roughly.. I'm trying to gauge if what I paid for the bike is good. It also has a pair of Hope Pro 2 hubs, and a nice DMR Extype crankset.

Cheers :)

Post it up in 98+ Whats my XYZ worth, I'm sure someone will give you an idea.

When I'm trying to value something I always trawl through 'sold' items on ebay as value is always subjective

Ok, I will probs do that at some point.. I'll tell you what I paid though, as I think it was a bit of a steal... £150 complete :) Just looked the crankset up and just that is £110...

Thanks for identifying the forks Gadro :)

Luke

theres a year stamp on the inside of each leg and on the rear of the brace , it'll give you an exact year but i'm guessing gardos on the money @ 1999 ;)

Arent the hubs bulbs,not pro 2 :?
Either way £150 complete is an absolute steal :shock:

Was it ;) :LOL:

Gadro":3w4t6yec said:
1999 Marzocchi Z1 Dual's with 100mm of travel :cool:

Im pretty sure the 99 model wasn't released in black.

Gadro":3w4t6yec said:
These are really good forks by the way

Bombproof. :cool: My recommended choice of fork

Back