Wanted: Suntour Cyclone II etc

ZG862

Retro Guru
Hello.

*SORTED*: I'm after a Cyclone II (RD-3500) rear mech. Tatty condition fine as I'm getting good with the Dremel
and polishing compound. Ideally in UK - there are a few on ebay in USA but the postage is a killer.

If you have a Cyclone CLAMP fitting front mech (FD-2400) I may also be interested. I have a NOS band fitting FD-2300 but could do with a clamp fitting. Because the parallelogram is interchangeable, I'd be happy with a mangled mech if the clamp assembly is serviceable.

While I'm here, anyone have a silver Kashimax Aero saddle? They're not particularly good and as a result are like hens' teeth in UK; I suspect most are in landfill. However, I've kind of convinced myself that I should have one for my 1984 Dawes Imperial rebuild but as you can perhaps tell am not going to lose too much sleep if I can't find one.

Finally I'm after a NOS Suntour Ultra chain (or identical HKK Z-spirit). One at a sensible price fell through at the last minute which convinced me that paying £150+ is madness. :)

Cheers,

Z

Is any of this any good to you?

The front mech has a crack in the securing block and the rear meh is missing the nut to secure the cable (I cannot find anything to replace it in my spares bin)

Yours for £20 all in

Blimey - you guys are good.

Alas Ed, I'm after some very specific mechs and those are not they. Appreciate you posting the link though.

Tel, will send you a pm (tomorrow if I may) regarding the rear mech- the front is the band on one (FD-2300) that I have a NOS copy of. Incidentally, if I find a sparkly nice FD-2400 clamp, I may end up with a spare brand new item of the housing that is cracked on yours...

Again, thanks chaps!
Z

I have a load of suntour cyclone 1 & 2 stuff.. was saving it all for a rainy day but may part with it.. let me know if you are interested

Back