Wanted riser bars

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Dear all,

I'm building a bike for my Dad this xmas and am just after some riser bars (25.4mm clamp).

Does anyone have any going spare?

Sorry I am not after high zoot parts just something basic to get the bike going.

I can trade bits and pay postage but other wise have no cash.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

if you have white outer gear cable i have a club roost riser bar (not sure of size yet - possibly 22.2mm (my Shimano servo wave brake levers fit it, they are 22.2 mm fit...), they're silver and quite dirty/marked though.....
EDIT: just seen your size requirement :oops: i'll double check the size if you want me too though :)

twain":36ovl92v said:
if you have white outer gear cable i have a club roost riser bar (not sure of size yet - possibly 22.2mm (my Shimano servo wave brake levers fit it, they are 22.2 mm fit...), they're silver and quite dirty/marked though.....
EDIT: just seen your size requirement :oops: i'll double check the size if you want me too though :)

The 25.4mm refers to where the stem clamps the bar (the newer type is 31.8mm so I mentioned it). I believe all bar widths where the lever, shifters and grips clamp are the same.

As for gear cable sorry mate, I have no white, but I could do some black maybe?

hi ya Doc, i have some silvery grey ano ones, kalloy i believe uncut, that i would happily swap for things that are red and blue, good condition maybe the odd mark is all ;)

Hi Charlie,

Well those sound excellent and just what I'd need. Hope fully we can work something out.

I will see what I have in red or blue or both, not sure what if anything I might have...

Maybe a Zero Components seat binder in blue from the 1990's?

Not sure what else I might have as I don't really do anodised colours.

I'll let you know.

Cheers

Hi all,

Just did some digging last night to see what I could get rid of, I have

A red bottle cage
Blue Zero zippie seat post binder bolt

Road bike wheels
A 24" disc rear wheel and matching 24" rim and spokes for the front.
Shimano LX rear mech
Hayes disc brakes
Disc rotors
Basic black plastic cantilevers and levers
Silver Shimano Cantilevers
Sram SX5 front left hand shifter
Sram SX5 rear mech
Bontrager roadbike tires

Road bike stem and bars
Cyclo cross levers

Bicycle lights NEW

That's probably about it really.

hi ya doc, interested in the lights ,what are they any pics, and the hayes disc brakes, though i feel that perhaps thats not proportionate swapsies, though im game if you are ;)

Back