Wanted Wanted Front wheel (tubular): Mavic 500/501/550 hub with Mavic Gel 280/330 or GP4 rim, 32h or 36h.

Fifthgrace

Retro Guru
Needs to be running smoothly. straight and true with anodising still on the brake surface. 32 or 36 spokes, no 28s.

IMG_4526.jpeg IMG_4527.jpeg IMG_4528.jpeg IMG_4529.jpeg IMG_4530.jpeg Kind of what you’re after in a fashion?

I’ve got a built pair of 32h on the wrong rims albeit tubular and Mavic and a 32h GP4 tubular rim. One side anodising is perfect the other side has a single brake mark around the rim. Not sure which hubs these are tbh.

I have a large selection of odd (no matching pairs) track wheels several of which I know to have Mavic hubs and others I remember having the rims you're keen on. Whether some of them will have the happy combination of both and also be a front wheel I can't be sure, but I'll check and could come up lucky. Hopefully will get a chance to search over the weekend then let you know.

Looked through my wheels stash yesterday and I have to report no success on finding a wheel that meets your criteria. It's unfortunate but I have to say not all that surprising, as it was always going to be a longshot:) At the same time, I have a few hundred wheels altogether and was searching in a storage lockup without electricity/lighting using a torch, so could have possibly overlooked the wheel you're after (I also remember having several wheels with the Mavic hubs but could only find one during my quick search). I also have more wheels in an attic that are mostly inaccessible but will be having a sortout soon, so if anything turns up (might be a month+ from now) then I'll let you know. Hopefully you'll find something in the meantime, probably more likely to find something on ebay IMO.

Back