Vitus 992

7plusoneisideal

Devout Dirtbag
Afternoon all, Recently acquired my dream back from back in the day, it’s pretty much sorted thankfully, treating it to new decals and new tyres and that’s about it, would of preferred a full period campag group set and wheels but the dura ace fits it nicely

Question - any recommendation on where and what to buy tyre wise ? Need to keep transparent or gum walls

… have a 992 in Lotto-Isoglass livery too - build with Campagnolo’s 1995 8-Speed Record type groupset and Campagnolo tubulars with Vittoria Corsa EVO SC …

7763A969-9A2D-489B-8465-1512620C4AA2.jpeg 3518297F-9713-4CED-A084-AD3086A1A5F5.jpeg
BBADB6AE-B5B0-4A31-82B8-9B4D6843651E.jpeg

I guess it depends on whether you want clinchers if it's a semi-practical bike you'll ride or tubs for a period build.

On my 992 I went for Veloflex Master clinchers, excellent in my opinion. They've since been replaced with the Corsa Evo and Corsa Race. I am a big fan of how Veloflex clinchers ride (or 'open tubulars' as they call them). Limited puncture protection of course!

I have a pair of Vittoria Corsa G2s for my latest build which are also natural tanwall and excellent quality.
I looked into Challenge tyres a while back but there were rather too many reviews about dodgy construction quality for my liking.

Last edited:
Old Veloflex Master or. Vittoria OPEN Cosa EVO SC are the best choose when Clincher wheels … but both has been cancelled the production
There new Veloflex has been the Alternative only - Vittoria changed the couloir more to grey than honey brown

While officially I’m not buying any more
bikes, if a nice Vitus in 58cm or 60cm came up at the right price I’d be all over it! Don’t know why as I had never seen one before joining this site, there’s just something about the colours and contrast with the lugs on the earlier bikes.

Back