For Sale Vitus 979 57cm *SOLD*

Guys, am I asking too much for this bike?

Most would agree, it’s a nice bike in good condition so maybe.

I appreciate its near Christmas but don’t think that would put a potential buyer off personally.

Anyway, here is a bike I cannot ride so needs to go to a good home, if anyone thinks its overpriced, I would be happy to consider offers.

RB is a small community which is highly knowledgeable and tends to only jump on absolute bargains (inc free stuff) or rarities that cannot be got elsewhere. Add in the time of year (less appealing for riding and other financial constraints). It is also a buyer's market for all bikes at the moment. I'm seeing full sus bikes that were £2-3K a year or two back going for £500-£700 on FB marketplace. There are some desperate sellers out there driving the whole market down.

I always think eBay represents the best opportunity to get a current market price for an item, even if the answer is not always what we want to hear.

RB is a small community which is highly knowledgeable and tends to only jump on absolute bargains (inc free stuff) or rarities that cannot be got elsewhere. Add in the time of year (less appealing for riding and other financial constraints). It is also a buyer's market for all bikes at the moment. I'm seeing full sus bikes that were £2-3K a year or two back going for £500-£700 on FB marketplace. There are some desperate sellers out there driving the whole market down.

I always think eBay represents the best opportunity to get a current market price for an item, even if the answer is not always what we want to hear.

I do tend to agree with most of what you say, but I always think there is room for someone to add a nice bike to their collection.
Next stop ebay, probably, but if anyone is interested, I won't be starting off at .99 and would expect it to sell for something short of what I am asking here.

I would be interested in buying the all of the components and wheels if you have anyone interested in the frame? Might be an easier sell, potentially? Or at least take up less space :) PM me if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back