Wanted Vittoria Atlanta Gold Tubular

I have an Atlanta 22mm all yellow -- not quite what you're after, I know, but fairly close. It's mounted, but in good condition.

I have an Atlanta 22mm all yellow -- not quite what you're after, I know, but fairly close. It's mounted, but in good condition.
Thanks for getting in touch. Sounds good. Would you mind sharing a couple of images - one of the tyre in general and one of the logo markings on the side wall. Many thanks

I've put some images in the album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/haTCk85D8469Qwu17. Some attached as well.

I really can't work out if it's been ridden on or not. I got it on a wheel with a road wheel that has no sign of brakes ever having touched it (not the Zipp in the picture -- a Wolber Profil 18 with effectively no braking surface anyway), and it was mounted without adhesive or tape. The base tape is really clean with no trace of adhesive (pic in the album) and there's no obvious wear to the tread. It's a bit grubby (they do show the dirt, these yellow tubs... :) so could do with a good scrub. The label's showing slight wear / fading at the tread side, which is what you might expect from some light use. Almost like someone's done a few laps of a track without glue?! So it's not NOS, but it's certainly not seen any serious use, if any at all. Feels like it's been stored on a wheel in a dark cupboard or under the bed for years, so should be nicely matured.

Two things I've found to go on Vittorias of this age are the tread delaminating and the sidewalls drying out. This one has neither symptom of age, and holds air really well (I presume the inner is butyl rather than latex by the way it holds air). Base tape is well stuck down as well, which is another thing that often goes with age on these (but is easily remedied).

I don't know what your plans are, but I'd be very happy to ride on this, and would keep it if I thought there was any chance of finding another in useable condition. Looks really well on the Zipps (there is a valve, honest, just not one that long. It has a removeable core if you need an extension.)

I know it's not a Gold, but might be as close as is around. Let me know if you're interested.

Nick

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 4
  • tread 2.jpg
    tread 2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 4
  • mounted.jpg
    mounted.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the images Nick. Could clean up quite well and looks in good, rideable condition. How much are you asking?

cheers, cam

Back